It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board

Upset a doctor for not letting me know

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #1
Kelley
(female)

Kelley HB User
Upset a doctor for not letting me know

On 9/30/15 -XRay showed 6mm nodular density right mid lung (granuloma)?
Forgot on 3/14 had heart attack. Age 49. No family history of heart attacks. Billy helping not overweight. They don't know the reason mine.
12/28/15 lung Scattered pulmonary granulomata 7.7 mm previously noted to be granuloma nodulardensity. (Recommend clinical follow-up) again was never told us.
1/12/16 Calcification granuloma right lower lobe mild patchy density in long face left greater than right. Impression increased density in lung base greater than right can reflect bibasilar atelectasis cannot rule out. Recommend clinical consultation follow up.
2/13/17 for some reason it says 9mm nodular density right mid lung. Previously noted to be granuloma similar appearance to the osseous structures
Follow up clinical recommend ( not told that) by anyone.
I made appt with someone the other day. She have access to my records and she made the appointment within two weeks so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing that she made them so fast. So if anybody has any information has any idea if this is good or bad what's going on if I should mad at my doctors let me know I'm a little bit nervous about all this I am a smoker. Which I put the butts down for good. After the heart attack though I was only smoking no more than seven today. I don't have a great medical history. So maybe some people can give me some advice. I have had a lot of back pain I thought it was my back maybe it's something else it's been in between my shoulders in more on my right side middle back but that could just be my back. Maybe looking into it more. OK hoping you guys can help me thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Upset a doctor for not letting me know

Dear Kelley,

I'm so sorry you are going through this! I'm very glad you cut back on the smokes, but really, with your medical history you have to know you do need to stop stressing your lungs by smoking, and right now.

I feel for you as I am a nail biter and I smoked to stop doing that. But no matter why we smoke, it is not worth dying over. I smoked only a short time before I heard my lungs actually rattling when I danced. That scared me into stopping. It really was not easy to stop. But I had children I wanted to live for. Think - smoking VS being able to breathe. Is it really worth it? besides our lungs, it ruins our teeth, it makes our skin and clothes, home & car stink.

Smoking destroys the parts inside the lungs that takes in oxygen. It also damages the liver because the toxins have to get filtered by the liver. Think about smoked meat, jerky. That's what smoking does to the throat and lungs, two critical parts of the body. If that scares you, that's a healthy response. I'm just sharing the facts that helped me to stop smoking.

Your heart attack might have occurred because your body could not get enough oxygen. If you want to live, sweetie, focus on that and take responsibility and stop smoking. I know it's not easy, but consider the alternative. There are lots of aids these days in stopping the habit. There is even a board here on the subject.

Anger is just an emotion and emotions come from what we tell ourselves. We feel whatever we feel and we make our own choices. Doctors really can't fix everything that happens and they aren't responsible for what we do to ourselves. So if you can leave those thoughts behind and move onto doing whatever you can to recover, start doing that as soon as possible!

Let me know what you are going to do.
Love,

Last edited by YaYagirl; 06-23-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Harri3t
Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

Why did you have repeat xrays a few weeks apart? Did the same doctor order them, thinking here that this may be what s/he considered clinical followup. If what you're asking is should you be worried, the answer is probably not especially if you had a lung infection at the time. A lung infection can be the cause of the granulomas. Two things working in your favor- granulomas, which are common, tend to be benign and malignant tumors tend to be rapid growing. If the xrays all refer to the same granuloma it has shown little growth in over a year. That said, it's good you are having someone take a closer look with your history of smoking. A chest CT should your new doctor order one, will give a better idea of what treatment or followup, if any, is needed.

Good luck at your appointment and good for you for quitting smoking. Keep up the good job and please let us know what your new doctor has to say.

Last edited by Harri3t; 06-23-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #4
rosier
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

You need to quit smoking asap. There are all kinds of methods to quit beside cold turkey. Smoking hurts the heart and the lungs very badly. And your back pain is another health issue, not relate to the lung problems. Please talk to your PCP doctor about getting help to quit smoking. Or if you have insurance, talk to the company about quit smoking programs. Good luck and hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Reply Reply