It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 09:00 AM   #1

janklein HB User
Question Spots on Lungs

About 1-1/2 years ago A small spot was found on my lung. I followed up with a CT Scan 3 months after the initial spot to see if it was just scar tissue. The spot was small and another one showed up, They sent me for a PET Scan where the spots radiated or glowed, however, they said the spots were too small to biopsy. I continued follow up cat Scans every 3 months, spots were still there, stayed the same size and some more tiny spots showed up. Dr. told me to wait 6 more months and follow up with another CT Scan. Felt it was possible this was an inflamation since I didn't have any other symptoms. I mentioned that I had been coughing since Dec. 21st, however, I felt I had a cold. I still cough on occassion, I'm not sure if that isn't just nerves or allergies. Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on this. Do you feel I should get a second opinion, or just not worry about it as long as it is followed up in 6 months? Has anyone ever heard of something like this just being an inflamation? Also, as a note , when I was 8 my dad worked in an aspestos plant, we use to shake his laundry to see the glass particles glow in the basement ceiling. (don't know if that had anything to do with this either). Thanks for any help you can give me.
Regards,
Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2004, 05:52 AM   #2
(female)

sugzey$ HB User
Re: Spots on Lungs

Do you cough mostly at night? If so, be checked for mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) and bronchiectasis. I have both and it sounds like it could possibly be one or both of them. Do you cough because you have a tickle in your chest?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 07:57 AM   #3
(female)

chardonnay HB User

Sugzey$, I started a new MAC thread so we could continue MAC follow-up. The old thread won't accept new posts, Peggy

Old 01-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
(male)

corning_d3 HB User

Those spots may also be signs of tuberculosis. If left untreated, they can rip and allow air to escape the lung.....very bad ordeal, lemme tell ya

Closed Thread