It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Mara

Wheez on exhale

Can wheezing on exhale be caused by pleurisy? If wheeze on exhale was some type of asthma, would'nt primatine mist help? I tried it and it did not do much if anything for that wheeze. Also bought it to see if it helps when things start to tighten up more. Does anyone just wheeze on exhale? Mine gets worse when things tighten up.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jerrie97 HB User
Re: Wheez on exhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemi
Can wheezing on exhale be caused by pleurisy? If wheeze on exhale was some type of asthma, would'nt primatine mist help? I tried it and it did not do much if anything for that wheeze. Also bought it to see if it helps when things start to tighten up more. Does anyone just wheeze on exhale? Mine gets worse when things tighten up.
It might help, and it might not. It depends on the person. I do know that there have been A LOT of problems with Primatene Mist in the past, so I think going to your doctor for an albuterol inhaler would probably be better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Mara

Thanks. I will ask the pulmo, am due back to see himI'll see if he will call something in...

Old 05-12-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
Mara

Something started 2 days ago and I don't know what that is all about. Some type of a dry type crackle sensation in the apex area without pain when that happens. Different from the wheeze late in exhale. This is happening during normal breathing. What next...

Old 05-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

Asthma can trigger pleurisy by the way.
When my asthma hits its worst stages, when I really haven't taken care of it, I get pleurisy. It's happened twice now. It's quite painful & I only wheeze when i'm really bad, sometimes on the inhalation also. The pleura is just one more part of the lungs that can be sensitive.
I would call your doctor and try an albuterol inhaler- or I find a nebulizer treatment for Xopenex works very well for an episode of pleurisy combined with pred. That really helps. In any case, i'd say you shoudl definitely see your doctor.

Closed Thread