It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

tigeress_181 HB User
Unhappy Great Granma now in induced coma for pneumonia

Hi there I posted the other message on needing advice on pneumonia quickly for my grandmother (80 years old).

Well she seems to be going downhill now. The hospital has placed her in an induced coma and they hope for her to get better in 3 days or so otherwise the outlook is not good. She has had heaps of intrevenous antibiotics but the bug she has seems to be resistant to it. She has a pacemaker but her heart is sometimes stopping during the night, her pacemaker will kick in though and get her heart going normally again.

Please to anyone even if you are not overly religious and this might sound weird or a bit much because you don't even know her but can you all please pray for her.

Her name is OLGA and her favorite colour is red (just incase you want to light a candle for her why you pray).

Thankyou in advance for even reading this post and I am trying to stay positive for her why everyone else is thinking negative.

Also thankyou to the people that are going to pray for her.....this is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Re: Great Granma now in induced coma for pneumonia

Sorry to hear she is going downhill.

Sometimes things happen and that's just the way it goes -- it's a good thing she has an implantable internal defibrillator so that she (and everyone else) does not have to worry so much about her heart stopping sometimes.

The induced coma keeps her body's demand for sustenance and energy and suchlike on the minimal side so that it has an excuse to divert all the extra energy to healing. I imagine she's on life support right now and that's not an uncommon thing either.

Sometimes older peoples' bodies just can't cope with the extra strain a very strong bug can put on them. Sometimes the antibiotics can make her kidneys stop working. Sometimes the bug can get into her blood and cause a whole pile of other problems.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread