It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
Veteran

Comptons HB User
Bronchitis

Let me start by saying I have anxiety. I started with sore throat and upper resp problems last Saturday and by Monday I could feel it in my chest. I've had bronchitis before - but never like this - it was fast and furious. I'm a pack a day smoker - which I know is horrible. Anyway - on Tuesday I went to the doc and he gave me a shot or something (antibiotic I believe) and a zpack. Today is Thursday and I feel it's gotten worse. I can't get a good breath and I couldn't sleep last night for coughing. Any advice out there? I'm going back to the doc today, but I'm just really scared.

Old 05-21-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
(male)

justme100 HB User
Re: Bronchitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comptons
Let me start by saying I have anxiety. I started with sore throat and upper resp problems last Saturday and by Monday I could feel it in my chest. I've had bronchitis before - but never like this - it was fast and furious. I'm a pack a day smoker - which I know is horrible. Anyway - on Tuesday I went to the doc and he gave me a shot or something (antibiotic I believe) and a zpack. Today is Thursday and I feel it's gotten worse. I can't get a good breath and I couldn't sleep last night for coughing. Any advice out there? I'm going back to the doc today, but I'm just really scared.
I've got bronchitis AGAIN! I've had it over and over for the past few years, and the last time, the doctor said it was asthmatic bronchitis. I've been resisting doctors trying to tell me I have asthma; this doctor said the asthma symptoms only occur during bronchitis and not at any old time.

My doctor put me on an albuterol nebulizer the last time, and made me stay home from work. I'm fighting that now; I guess I'm in denial, but I know it's bronchitis and not just a cold, because I'm wheezing a lot, and I feel the inflammation in my bronchial tubes, in the middle of my chest.

You may have asthma, or asthmatic bronchitis; not every doctor I've been to seems willing to make the distinction. (I don't feel the asthma symptoms right now; just congestion and coughing.) You may be coming down with pneumonia, and that IS serious. I've had bronchitis progress into pneumonia in BOTH my lungs on several occasions. I know I'm in trouble when the discomfort in my chest shifts from the middle of my chest to the sides, and toward my back; when my WHOLE LUNGS hurt (and I mean HURT!). Coughing in pneumonia is painful as all get-out. So I hope you've gone back to the doctor, and I think I'm going to go Monday morning, so I DON'T get worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread