It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

Mersenne HB User
pnuemonia & breathing problems (&skin rash?)

Hey,
I was diagnosed with pneumonia around 1 1/2 years ago, but lately, I've been having problems breathing and my heart can beat extremely rapidy if I just climb one flight of stairs and I can't seem to catch my breath...I've also been having chills, with poor circulation in my hands and feet (as they can become freezing cold) and lately, I've been getting some slight chest pain as well
I still have a cough once in a while so I'm thinking that maybe I've never recovered fully from the pneumonia..also, shortly after my pneumonia, I started to develop skin rashes (well, not sure if it's considered a rash, but it sort of looks like mosquito bites, even though I got it during the winter...) all over my legs...and it started to heal, I think, so I've put off seeing a doctor for a while until now, because of my more severe cardiovascular problems.
So I just went to see a doctor today, and scheduled to have a chest xray done in 2 days..she said my "skin rash" looked like some sort of fungal infection and gave me this spray for it...she didn't seem to think that it had anything to do with my cardiovascular problems...but I've been having a feeling that I got the skin rash because of my lung infection (I think one of the rarer symptoms of pneumonia is skin rash...although I had pneumonia over a year ago, so I'm not so sure) And then she felt my cold hands and said that I had Raynaud's syndrome, which I read up on and seemed to agree with my symptoms (although maybe an infection in the lung could also cause poor circulation and chills?) She actually seems to believe that my cardiovascular problems are caused primarily by stress so she gave me some tranquilizers...well..I suppose I can get stressed out at times, but I don't think stress alone can create such severe symptoms..
I don't know if anyone else here had similar symptoms as me...
Anyway, I'm getting some bloodwork and chestxray done soon, so I'm hoping for the best...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
(female)

Mersenne HB User
Re: pnuemonia & breathing problems (&skin rash?)

Oh, and by the way, I'm only 21, and climbing a few flights of stairs wasn't a a problem at all before but now just after a couple of flights, I have difficulty trying to catch my breath and feel my heart palpitating

Closed Thread