It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
(male)

ROBBIE4243 HB User
Bleeding Of The Lungs (coughing Up Blood)

I Have Recently Hospitalized Due To Shortness Of Breath Coughing Up Blood And Extreme Fatigue. They Did A C/t Scan Xray And Found Several "areas Of Concern" But After Many Blood Tests For All The Obvious Probable Causes We Got All Negative Results. I Am Home Now And Trying To Function Day To Day Some Good Some Real Bad,i Cant Get Out Of Bed And I Cough Large Amounts Of Blood. I Am On Prednesone And Advair Which Seem To Help Some. What Could This Be My Doctor Wants Me To Take Another T/b Test Under The Skin Tomorrow But At Best I Think He Is Stumped.......im Scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: Bleeding Of The Lungs (coughing Up Blood)

hi robbie,
i feel for you ,but you have given me some hope , ive had lots of chest infections and antibiotics i was a smocker but gave up the beginning of the year, i have a chest infection now and i have hashis underactive thyroid also i been given inhalers a few times i cough blood up on occasions and its very scarey i also understand that a few times that the doc checked my chest it was in the bottom left lung, always and now after a few years he sends me for a chest exray and im thinking the worst any ideas????? i also suffer from anxiety so you can imagine what im going through thanks for reading anyone and its helped me just to talk to you .
loads of love to you robbie love from kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

sugzey$ HB User

Hello,
When I cough up blood it is coming from bronchiectasis. Have they done a bronchoscopy on your lungs to check for that? For me they say it is a blood vessel in the diseased area that collapses and the blood comes out of it and it comes up in my throat.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
(female)

sugzey$ HB User

Also, have they checked you for mycobacterium avium complex (MAC)?

Closed Thread