It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

kendrask HB User
Re: SCARS ON LUNGS

I had my gallbladder removed exactly 4 weeks ago today and have not been feeling right since. Not only do I still have pain on my right side but I have scars on my lungs just like you. Because of the pain I am still having I had to go in for a CT Scan and the pictures showed scars on the bottom of my lungs. Sine the surgery I have been having shortness of breath that results where the scars are. Not sure how they happened to occur and all my doctor can tell me is that he doesn't know. He states that my scars look like fibrosis scars which can go away if I can work on taking extra deep breaths to open them back up but it hurts to breathe when I take deep breaths so I don't think that is going to happen. Today I am going in for another scan and I'm afraid that there will be more scars. In your case I am hoping that they are not harmful to you. Good luck and keep us all posted ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Once your lungs are damaged, scarred you can't repair the damage. Have you checked with a pulmonologist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
(female)

seajay HB User

Hello Kendrask,

I hope you can find some answers. I don't know if you can look at your CT report. They have so much information that it can be scary.

Mine reported many things, but one of the items on the report was linear scarring or atelectasis in the right lower lobe, adjacent minimal consolidation, which probably relects atelectasis and scattered dependent subpleural opacities in the lowers lobes that are consistent with atelectasis. I guess the radiologists may have difficulty determining atelectasis from scar tissue.

Considering that, yours may be the same. I looked up the causes of atelectasis and one of them is anesthesia. Having recent surgery may or may not be the cause, but it is something to consider.

A pulmonologist is familiar with these issues for sure. Hopefully all is well. Keep us posted.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
(female)

DEEnSC HB User

Hi Christie, my family and I used to live in Bristol VA many many years ago, luv that area. I to am just now going through the process to find out what some scarring is on my lungs as well as two nodules. I go to see my regular doctor tomorrow and I'm quite anxious to see what the next steps are that she thinks we should do. I just recently found a copy of a ct scan that was done in 2003 that stated I had interstitial and alveolar disease throughout my lungs as well as a 9mm and a 8mm nodule. I was never told anything about any of this when the scan was done. I can surely relate to worrying about the unknown at this point. Good luck finding out what is going on with you and I will pray that it is nothing serious.

Dee

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

My prayers are with you all.

Phoenix
(Ryan)

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-22-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Closed Thread