It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Severe chest pressure and pain when underwater during bath.

So uh...I'm a bit frightened right now.

I was filling my bath up with water, and the moment I got in I noticed really strong painful pressure in my whole chest. And most importantly, I feel the pain constantly while I'm underwater, not while I breathe in our out or anything. It feels like this "Weight" is causing me the pain. Like...the moment my chest goes underwater, it feels like someone is pushing my chest into me or something, but it's not the ribs that hurt, it's deep inside of my lungs or something. My chest feels like it has to float up, as if there is something inside me. As if two balloons are inflated inside of my chest or something. It's not that hard to breathe I guess, but I do have to breathe hard through my mouth when my chest is still submerged. This happened a while a go, and when I took another bath it happened again. I also realized that I constantly have this chest feeling while sitting around too, or even walking. I guess it's just much worse and noticeable when my chest is submerged in water.

What the heck could this be..?

Oh, and I'm 19 years old btw and weight 119, if that matters...

Oh, also wanted to mention that I never feel any pain if I breathe. It's so weird, it's like there is something heavy sticking inside my lungs that causes this pain and pressure.

Last edited by DarkChange; 08-17-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread