It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

karensbiggestfa HB User
Weird Feeling in Chest, Please Help...

I have noticed over the past week to week and a half that I have a weird feeling in the upper middle area of my chest. It feels like I have cold in my chest and it even goes up into my throat a little. Aside from a stuffed up nose, I have no other symptoms of a cold, and no cough. However, the past two nights, I've noticed it's actually getting a bit hard to breath. It's really most noticeable when I'm lying down or doing a physical activity. Just sitting upright or typing, etc., do not make it worse. Then, tonight, I got really nauseated and I was physically shaking. I do not know if this is related. I thought maybe it was stress, but it doesn't seem to fit. It feels so much like a cold, yet I lack many symptoms. Could this be a cold coming on?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
(male)

Rheinau HB User
Re: Weird Feeling in Chest, Please Help...

If it happens when you are laying down it may be reflux. If caused a lot of weird chest pains for me. My pains started in the heart area and would sometimes move up. They would also move over to the right or left center of chest, halfway between my throat and breastbone. It freaked me out at first 'cause I assumed it was my heart. After numerous heart tests that revealed it was not my heart - they said it was reflux. I am 5 10, 160lbs - not the normal reflux sufferer but it was reflux.

I take Nexium which works. Symptoms went away after 5 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
(female)

GoneDancing HB User
Re: Weird Feeling in Chest, Please Help...

First I would make sure that it is not your HEART. Go to a cardiologist and get a stress test to determine this. If they can rule out the heart then I would suggest being checked for reflux. Mine was the heart, to my surprise. If I had not gotten to the doctor and ignored this funny feeling I was having in the upper part of my chest, I would not be here today. I had by-pass surgery. Today, I am having something strange going on in my throat and next week a PH test will be done to determine if I have silent reflux. I have tried Prilosec and now Previacid; neither have solved my problem to date.

I hope you get your resolved and that it is not your heart. Heart for women is the no. 1 killer so don't delay.

Closed Thread