It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

jc1018 HB User
sharp pain in left side rib cage below breast, as well as pain in spot in back direct

I had a severe case of the flu (lasted 6 days), and during the last couple of days developed a sharp pain in my rib cage (left side) directly beneath my left breast. It is excruciatingly sharp when I breathe in, sneeze/cough. Following this I developed a pain in my back which feels as if it is directly across from the pain in my rib cage below the breast. It has been seven weeks since the initial pain started, and I still have it. I thought at first maybe I had pulled a muscle while I was sick with the flu I had, but now am beginning to wonder what the pain may really be from.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Momof2sons HB User
Re: sharp pain in left side rib cage below breast, as well as pain in spot in back di

jc1018,

Do you think it could be possible you MAY have broken a rib, by coughing?
Unfortunatly they dont do much for broken ribs, but knowing thats what it is you would at least know. I've had 2 broken ribs(not from coughing) and they are extreamly painful! I went through 9 weeks of recovery, and on CT scan at that point showed they were still "healing".
Or perhaps you MAY have developed a pnemonia? Are you still sick and coughing?
It's hard to say, but maybe you should get a chest x-ray, just to be sure?
I sure hope you get some sort of relief soon!
God bless, and take care,
Annette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #3
(male)

sico HB User
Re: sharp pain in left side rib cage below breast, as well as pain in spot in back di

I also have a bad stabbing pain under my left breast and sometimes under my left shoulder blade. Not a rib problem. Sometimes the pain is sharp and lasts for a few secs. to a few mins. Sometimes it is dull and lasts for hours. No fever or cough. just bad sinus.
If you find out more, please post.

Closed Thread