It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

hunt7191 HB User
Gurgle noise when I inhale

Everything that I have found regarding bronchitis says that you get wheezing when you exhale. I have a noise when I inhale. It sounds like my stomach is growling but it is in my left lung. Not sure in mucus trapped can cause this noise. Doc ordered a xray for pneumonia that came back normal. I just got over a bad sinus infection and took Z pak. I now have this groaning noise for a week. I am so scared. It feels like bubbles exploding. Even though it sounds like a low moan to me, when my husband puts his ear up to my lung he says it sounds like a cat crying. My doctor is clueless and said I can take another zpac if I want. Any idea what this noise is? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
(female)

RING44 HB User
Re: Gurgle noise when I inhale

Could Be Opd Lung Problems Which Is What I Have Ring44

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
(female)

phinia23 HB User

I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be acid reflux disease. Does the noise happen especially when you are laying down or reclined?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
(male)

imadcyple HB User

I have seen a couple different posts about this issue, but this is the most recent. Did you happen to have a problem pregnancy? My wife was completely healthy, and has been her whole life. Last year, she had a placental abruption, and went into pre-term labor at 24 weeks. During her pregnancy, she developed asthma, acid reflux, and a bunch of other issues that haven't been linked to anything specificly. One of her biggest issues is with her breathing and being short of breath. She has recently complained of gurgling in her left lung whenever she's wheezing. I know the doctors said that pre-term labor really messes with the bodies chemical makeup, and sometimes takes a long time to re-adjust itself. She is pregnant now, and about 36 weeks. Hopefully some of these symptoms will reside after a full term pregnancy, but I was just wondering about your specific situation surrounding the developement of this symptom.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
(female)

hunt7191 HB User

Sorry I have not been on the board in awhile. That is so interesting. yes, I had major complications during my delivery and ended up with a c-section. My issue is resolved after several months and several pulmonary visits and CT. Pleurisy was the cause for the noise. It was a friction rub and I was instructed to take advil a few times a day for a week. Not sure if that is what fixed it, or rather time getting over a virus, but I couldn't do the max advil a day due to the stomach issues it would cause. I hope your wife is doing well! Thanks

Closed Thread