It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
(male)

jasonco HB User
Unhappy Hi im new here, need help asap lung pains/rib pains/ back pain.

I just signed up because of lately ive been having lung pain. Im a 20 year old male and also im a smoker. Lately my lungs have been hurting me. Its usually the bottom of my lungs by my lower rib cage. Today was really weird though, I was laughing really hard and the my lungs felt like they overly expanded and hit my rib cage, and all of a sudden it felt like the back of my rib cage stuck together, it was really painfull. Also as of lately ive been having really bad back pain, to the point were its almost unbearable. It always feels sore. I also have stomach ulcers and have been taking nexium to make them heal. If anyone can help me please do, when ever I go to the doctor it seems like he does not know whats going on.

EDIT- i forgot to add that it sometime feels like my left lung is rubbing against my lower rib cage. It feel like its inflamed.

Last edited by jasonco; 06-09-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

Badlungz HB User
Re: Hi im new here, need help asap lung pains/rib pains/ back pain.

Hi Jasonco, I've had kinda the same pain too. I've never smoked though. I have UILD, but sometimes I get this weird like cramp? in my back, both the left n right sides, feels like my lungs are sticking either to my back or my ribs, usually gets worse if i move around. If I take a potassium capsule, it goes away, not all the time, but this seems to help. None of my Dr's have a clue what it is, nor does my pulmonogist. It hasn't bothered me for awhile, my luck since mentioning it, it will come back today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
(male)

jasonco HB User

Well I went to the doctor today and got it checked out, and she said it was costochondritis. Which says its spose to go away in 2 weeks with out any medication, and I have had the pains longer then 2 weeks.Can anyone help me out?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
(male)

jasonco HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlungz View Post
Hi Jasonco, I've had kinda the same pain too. I've never smoked though. I have UILD, but sometimes I get this weird like cramp? in my back, both the left n right sides, feels like my lungs are sticking either to my back or my ribs, usually gets worse if i move around. If I take a potassium capsule, it goes away, not all the time, but this seems to help. None of my Dr's have a clue what it is, nor does my pulmonogist. It hasn't bothered me for awhile, my luck since mentioning it, it will come back today.
Yea I have almost the same thing but I get sharp pains on the lower parts of my lungs. I am so confused and depressed about it right now.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
(male)

jasonco HB User

Can anyone help me??????? Is it a collapsed lung? Im almost positive my doctors wrong because with costochondritis it should go away after 2 weeks, I have been having sharp pains for a month. Someone please help me out here.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

jas ive put a post on myself about the same thing bottom right lung pain!! it hurts alot!! everytime i get chest infections thats where it starts and finishes maybe we have had pneumonia and not always bronchitis???? i was a smoker also um i was very poorly at xmas and keep getting bronchitis aswell and it always hurts here they thought i had agblood clot on my lung cos my d-dimer test came back high very high it wasn,t it was high as i had chronic bronchitis so whats new, well i have been for 4 chest xrays and nothing i am going for another one, it feels imflammed aswell and pushed onto my ribs how strange the inhalers help, now tell me jas have you had pneumonia cant remeber if you said have you lost weight and have you had some bad chest infections??? form kat ,
ps comon you clever people on the lung board what could this pain in bottom lung be????????????????????????????????????he lpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pursie; 06-13-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Closed Thread