It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #1
(female)

bess01 HB User
Question Blood in sputum when coughing.

Hello to all,i have posted about this problem before,its about my brother who had been coughing up blood.
Back in july 2007 he had collapsed and was admitted to hospital with a suspected blood clot on his lungs, which was diagnosed later to be a lung infection.
The hospital doctors put him on warfarin and ordered xrays.
The results from a CT PULMONARY ANGIOGRAM, showed there was increased interstital markings,superimposed on this, are areas of more uniform ground-glass opacification,which were more pronounced in the mid and upper zones.
Multiple,enlarged lymph nodes was seen in the mediastinum/paratracheal region, with the largest being 1.5cm.
The conclusion was that he should have further checks done, to rule out lung disease.
My brother had another CT CHEST xray done 6 weeks later in 2007,which was ordered from the hospital on his discharge,the examiner said it was difficult to make a direct comparison, as the first xray was done as a pulmonary angiogram,but from his observations, there was very little change noted.
An enlarged heart was still evident.
My brother took all his xray results, the hospital doctors had ordered, to his GP, a couple of days after he was discharged from hospital.
It is now one year later and he has been coughing up blood off and on for this past year.
His GP has done 2 lung xrays this past year.The first one was ok 6 months ago,and this recent one shows a lung infection.
His GP has done blood tests regulary to manage the warfarin,and claims the warfarin is reasopnsible for coughing up blood, when there is an elevated blood reading.
I feel my brothers GP, should have sent my brother, for more detailed investigating this past year.
Best wishes to all from bess01.

The Following User Says Thank You to bess01 For This Useful Post:
asko12 (08-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
(female)

spyrogirlkim HB User
Re: Blood in sputum when coughing.

If he survived a year with no treatment its NOT cancer.

Closed Thread