It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
(female)

charlenegrace55 HB User
primary plumonary hypertension

hi,
i have had Ph for about 6 yrs. i am quite confused because what made me see a dr about that time is because of chest pains.

he ran a ekg and he told me that i had a heart attack at some point. right away i remembered a day i had suddenly got sick after returning to work from lunch. i was 46.
i felt clamy, stomach discomfort and some dizziness and if i remember correctly a digestive or weird sensatin in my diaphram. i got sicker as i was trying to find my manager to go home.
i couldnt find her and i got so ill and felt like i was about to faint and very lightheaded and i thought i had the flu yet it was very different and i thought i would fall over and die on my way to my car. i made it home and laid down and fell asleep, waking up about four hrs later felling better, not perfect but much better. this is the day i think i had a heart attack.

my pcp sent me to a cardilogist who ran some tests and told me i have wolf parkinson white. he insists i didnt have a heat attack but many ekgs say high laterel infarcet which is a heart attack.
the cardilogist tels me i can have an ablation or just leave it alone for now.
my heart symptoms still bother me but im afraid to have an ablatin.

i continue with symptoms for the next five yrs and just recently several months ago had the ablation because i almost passed out few times, once while i was driving and my heart beat was so faint at times and off beating that day which was the deciding factor.
i also have had plumonary hypertenson but only found out after reading my reports. my cardilogist didnt tel me but knew for at least a yr.
i was little shocked about the severity of what PH can be nd the fact i wasnt told.
since then which has been about a yr i have had test done and so far my lung dr says i have primary plumonary hypertension because no cause can be found for it although lupus was considered but im told it is false positive. i do have four or so symptoms of lupus including the anti-dna i think it is.
this week i have another breathing test and recently had a sleep apens test and must have shown something because thats when her ordered a breathing test.
my pressure is 45hmg and is considered moderate. it was 40 but went up after my ablation by 5mgs.
my lung dr dosent act very concerned actually and says if i need and inhaler to use it.

i have been concerned about actually haveing lupus but my rumatologist says no it is false positive and just says im lucky because im made it to 50 and look well and people who have lupus usually dont live past 30 or 40. im upset and feel im being brushed off. i think my insurance has something to do with my care im receiving.
any suggestins or thoughts are appreacatated.
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread