It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

dianne42 HB User
what does a blood clot feel like

When my husband breathes or taking a deep
breath he has pain and it seems like it could
be something with his lung as it's on his right side
and this has been troubling him for the last several hours. It came on suddenly and it doesn't
seem like it would be heart related. He's never had a blood clot but I do wonder if it could be a
blood clot. I say he should go to the clinic right
away but he said it may go away. He has had 2
aspirins the past couple hours. He has never smoked and is healthy otherwise.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: what does a blood clot feel like

There are several things it could be, and I agree with you. Take him to the ER; don't mess about with something that could become life-threatening at any time. Having said that, it could be costochondritis (an inflammatory condition of the rib cartilege), pneumothorax (air between the lung and the chest wall- can tear the lung membrane and collapse the lung). Anyway, go to the clinic as soon as possible and get it checked out. Sera.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread