It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2003, 06:46 AM   #1

pray HB User
Unhappy Lung Nodule Right Upper Lobe 1.6x1.0cm

Please help. I am really scared. Last week my Mother had a chest xray done which showed a nodule size 1.6x1.0 in her right upper lobe. Her last xray was done about 2 years ago and did not show this. She also had a CT scan done about 3 years ago which was negative. She also has COPD and a history of pneumonia, asthma, Hypertension and CHF. Today we are going for a lung CT. All I have been doing is praying for her, I feel that is all I can do now. If anyone has any insight please respond. I have no idea of what a lung nodule could mean. Thank you

Old 09-30-2003, 09:13 AM   #2

browneyedgirl1973 HB User
hi,
i have nodules in my lungs too. it's 4 of them. i am really scared about them too. even the doctors told me that they can come from a lot of things. infections, little scars,.....
i just had to go in 3 months after they found them for another ctscan. they haven't grown or changed. now i gotta go in in 6 months again to get a ctscan. i am feeling a little better about it now cause they haven't grown so far. still really nervous about the next check up though. scared they are still gonna grow.
i just wanted to tell you this real quick, to let you know those things can be there and they don't have to be something bad. good luck with it and let us know how everything is going.
take care and good luck to your mom
simone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 08:08 AM   #3

podracerdave HB User
Unhappy

I too just found out I have a non-calcified lung nodule in my lower left lobe. I was getting a CT scan on something else and it was found. The doctor said it was too small to biopsy, and wants me to get a repeat scan in 3-6 months to see if there is any growth.

I'm a very negative person, and always fear the worst, so this is all I can think about now. It will be a rough 3 months until the next scan.

I'm only 30 - and was surprised they found this! I have never smoked in my life, and have not lived with a smoker either. Don't know if it is lung cancer, but we'll see what the next scan shows.

Does anyone know much about these nodules? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

lynnie25 HB User
Hi )

I just wanted to share my nodule experience I'm 34 and a 1.0 cm low density nodule in my left upper lobe was found on an x-ray in February of 2002. I had 3 CT scans done last year including 1 high resolution. There was no change in the nodule over the course of the year. They said it could be faint airspace disease which is I guess just a pocket of air stuck in there that can look like a nodule on a CT. I like my Drs a lot and to be honest I think they are just not sure. We're going to just keep an eye on it. Before the CT scans I was told the nodule, since it wasn't calcified, could have been scar tissue or a mucous plug. I had a lobectomy several years ago and several lung infections so scar tissue is very possible. I'm not as worried as I was the first day I found out.

I just wanted to let you know that a nodule doesn't automatically mean something bad.

I hope for good news for all of you )I know that waiting is the hardest part. Please keep us posted.

Many smiles
Lynn

Old 10-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #5

lacydoll HB User
Angry

Please don't be afraid as I was 4 years ago when they tole me I had a spot on the tip of my left lung. The doc had me so scared, he said I had smoked so many years that I probably had cancer..scared,,boy was I. Well that was my mitake. This doc did not even go back 3 years and look at an old MRI which showed some scar tissue from a pneumonia 3 years earlier,,,so he done the surgery. From that surgery, I have been in 4 years of chronic pain, until I am considered disabled.and have been experimented on with all kinds of drugs for pain, most of which I was allergic to.
I can do no housework, nothing at all. I sit up in a hospital bed to sleep. I have burning stinging pressure inside of me , which is unreal. It never stops. Nothing helps me at all and have had nerve blocks, 9 of them, tens machine, bio feedback.
So PLEASE ,,,do not take less then 3 opinions by 3 docs at least before you let them start cutting on you. Had this doc been on the ball, he would have looked back at the old x ray and seen this was just scar tissue from pneumonia, and I could kick myself for not remembering,,,No more knifes for me!!!!

Closed Thread