It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #1
(female)

savanannastar HB User
Unhappy Difficulty breathing after eating

Does any one have trouble breathing after eating .I have trouble breathing alot but noticed after i eat worse its just like im out of breath or i cannot get a deep breath even if i eat a smaller meal (not gerd).

Old 09-25-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Do you have associated chest pain or other things invovled with that?

Do you know of any pulmonary disease that you've got?

If a pulmonary disease (or even a cardiac problem, like angina,) gets bad enough, it can get to the point where the act of eating is enough physical activity to bring on shortness of breath.

This is something you should be telling your doctor about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM   #3

floridalady HB User
Hi, I am new here.

I have had a hernia of the diaphragm. I have noticed if I eat too much, it really goes into spasms and I have a shortness of breath also. I put it to my stomach is below my diaphragm and the stomach is so full that it is pushing the diaphragm onto the lung area. I take klonopin when I go into these spasms for they get me too short of breath if left unattended.

Hope that helps.
Loretta

Old 09-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
(female)

savanannastar HB User
Thanks loretta i had a barium swallow x-ray and they said it was normal so i would imagine they would have saw a hital hernia i guess how was yours discovered?

Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #5

Liquid HB User
Do you fidget alot??? I too get shortness of breath alot, mainly at night. I noticed recently that I fidget at night and this may cause me to burn myself enough energy to cause me to be short of breath. Try to be more conscious of yourself... If you notice yourself fidgeting or have your hand on your face it could be the cause... Already after noticing my fidgeting and stopping I feel alot better. I noticed I'm lazy to put on extra clothing and tolerate the cold, and I start to get a little shivery which also causes me to start fidgeting to keep warm... This has to be the reason... Also I noticed when you fidget it makes it hard to burp, when you can't burp your stomach puts pressure on your lungs making it hard to breathe. I have a few theories as I usually try to figure out my problems logically. Which is what we all should do.

I can't believe I just solved my problem by trying to help someone else... I am good. Heheheh, /puts on socks and pyjamas...

I hope this helped... I had serious breathing problems a few years ago, and it was probably just me being all shivery and fidgetty.

See ya

------------------
Liquid Van Malmsteen

Closed Thread