HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lung-respiratory-disorders-copd/)
-   -   Cant Yawn - Cant Deep Breath (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lung-respiratory-disorders-copd/692151-cant-yawn-cant-deep-breath.html)

giovannone 05-12-2009 08:31 PM

Cant Yawn - Cant Deep Breath

Thank you for hearing my story.

I truly donít know where to begin but I have keep a journal of the last few years,.
Im 23 5í10íí 185 white male
Its started in June of 2006 I had very sharp pains in my stomach the hospital didnít know what it was they called it a peptic ulcer and I was told to stay away from acid foods. For a month after the pains got less and less and finally after a month my pain went away.
Nov 2006 the pain came back a small pain my lower stomach a constant mild pain that is with me every second of the day still to this day. . My stool had become floaty and no longer solid.
Feb of 2007 I went to a doc and they said I has acid reflux took some nexiaum didnít seem to work didnít have much money could not afford doc or pill so just dealt with my acid reflux.

Feb 2008 I woke up one morning and my breathing seemed over night to completely change. I no longer can take a full breath. When I yawn I have to fight to get it out and one out of every 10 yawns are complete. When I cough it sounds like a hick up and sneeze and my stomach fills stretched out like if im blowing it out (faking pregnet) this is also all day every day since feb 2008
I notice itís the worst after I eat.
Some time when I get anxious
My breathing problems happen every SINGLE DAY EVERY SINGLE SECOND. Since feb 2008

I have got a Colonoscopy, in march 2008 and the only thing found was the doc said everything looks good take fiber pills for ibs. funny cause I know people with ibs ibs is cramps

Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy march 2008 doc said he say some signs of acid reflux
lungs x-rayed june 2008 everything was normal.

Gall bladder text july 2008 NORMAL

And been to the doc many time and they say your breathing is just fine.

This might sound morbid but I wish the doc would tell me I had something as serous as cancer instead of walking away saying your normal. I know im not normal and this once happy funny loving guy is falling deep into a depression.

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS BREATHING PROBLEM?

PainNoMor 05-20-2010 07:38 PM

Re: Cant Yawn - Cant Deep Breath

I followed an advice I learned from someone on line for a similar problem with breathing and yawning. Unfortunately, I lost the reference, I so I have not been able to thank him. I pray for him, and my heart thanks him for he helped me a lot. So, here it is. If your problem is anything like mine, it could be that you are not exhaling properly and your lungs are half full of old stale air; there is no room for the fresh air. So, do not try inhaling deeply, not right away! Your lungs may not be able to handle it yet. I know mine were not.

Instead, focus on exhaling slow, long, and deeply to flush out the old, stale air out of your lungs. Gently and very slowly push the bad air out till you can't get any more out, hold it for two or three seconds then let go. Next, let your lungs inhale comfortably and slowly as much as they seem to be able to take in naturally, without forcing them. You may initially need to breath in two or three short breaths before or instead a a deep one. That's okay. At this time, remember, the focus should be on the exhaling deeply; flushing and cleaning that inner space in the lungs.

Repeat the exhaling exercises again, three or four times during the day, (three or four sets each time, resting a few seconds between each set of exhale/breathes.) You can repeat this whenever you think about it, while doing something else, like watching TV, driving, reading, whatever, after all you do have to breathe anyway!

I still need a brief periods of rest, (like ten to fifteen seconds of breathing normal without the deep exhaling between each set of exhale/inhale exercise). By now, three weeks after I started this "program", after I exhale deeply, my lungs respond by taking in long, deep, revitalizing breaths on their own--without me doing a deep breathing. Not as deep as a real deep-breathing exercise, but deep enough to feel good. They feel wonderful. Also, I notice that I breathe much better even when I am not doing the deep-exhale exercise, and sleep better. And, bonus!, I can yawn deeper and sometimes I get a full, satisfying yawn. Not all the time though:{.

After two of three days, depending on how often you can do the deep exhaling exercise, your lungs may start taking in much more air. As the lungs get stronger they should breathe in deeper and deeper. Then you can try deep inhaling exercises. There are some real good ones on you tube.

I hope this works for you as it has done for me. Good luck.

PainNoMor 05-20-2010 07:41 PM

Re: Cant Yawn - Cant Deep Breath

I followed an advice I learned from someone on line for a similar problem with breathing and yawning. Unfortunately, I lost the reference, I so I have not been able to thank him. I pray for him, and my heart thanks him for he helped me a lot. So, here it is. If your problem is anything like mine, it could be that you are not exhaling properly and your lungs are half full of old stale air; there is no room for the fresh air. So, do not try inhaling deeply, not right away! Your lungs may not be able to handle it yet. I know mine were not.

Instead, focus on exhaling slow, long, and deeply to flush out the old, stale air out of your lungs. Gently and very slowly push the bad air out till you can't get any more out, hold it for two or three seconds then let go. Next, let your lungs inhale comfortably and slowly as much as they seem to be able to take in naturally, without forcing them. You may initially need to breath in two or three short breaths before or instead a a deep one. That's okay. At this time, remember, the focus should be on the exhaling deeply; flushing and cleaning that inner space in the lungs.

Repeat the exhaling exercises again, three or four times during the day, (three or four sets each time, resting a few seconds between each set of exhale/breathes.) You can repeat this whenever you think about it, while doing something else, like watching TV, driving, reading, whatever, after all you do have to breathe anyway!

I still need a brief periods of rest, (like ten to fifteen seconds of breathing normal without the deep exhaling between each set of exhale/inhale exercise). By now, three weeks after I started this "program", after I exhale deeply, my lungs respond by taking in long, deep, revitalizing breaths on their own--without me doing a deep breathing. Not as deep as a real deep-breathing exercise, but deep enough to feel good. They feel wonderful. Also, I notice that I breathe much better even when I am not doing the deep-exhale exercise, and sleep better. And, bonus!, I can yawn deeper and sometimes I get a full, satisfying yawn. Not all the time though:{.

After two of three days, depending on how often you can do the deep exhaling exercise, your lungs may start taking in much more air. As the lungs get stronger they should breathe in deeper and deeper. Then you can try deep inhaling exercises. There are some real good ones on you tube. Also, check for post about exhaling properly, that should be helpful.

I hope this works for you as it has done for me. Good luck.