It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Can breathe deeply but never feels like enough oxygen.

Hi, I'm new to this thread but not to healthboards. This is a wonderful site and I thought I would ask some questions and ask your opinion about recent breathing issues. I'm 36 years old, not overwieght, relatively healthy, etc. For the last 6 mos, however, I have experienced a sensation of not getting enough oxygen in my lungs when I breathe. I have no trouble breathing deeply, but I feel like I have to breathe that way everytime because I don't feel like I am "satisfied" with the breath I take. According to other doctor's visits, i.e recent physicals and doctors listening to my lungs with a stethoscope, I have no issues. But this is pretty recent and seems to be getting worse. I do not feel sick, but I feel chronic fatigue and constantly tired. Recently, I have started wheezing a little in the mornings when I wake up. It's very mild and does not last long, but it does happen. I have trouble catching my breath after walking 50 ft to the bathroom at work or walking up half a flight of stairs - this is not recent. I am only worried because I chain smoked for almost 17 years since I was 15. Although I quit smoking at 33, I am a little worried because three people in my immediate family have died from lung cancer and/or heart disease at very young ages (40, 42 years old). I am not worried so much it's driving me crazy, but I was worried enough to schedule an appt with a pulmonologist, who can't see me for almost 3 weeks. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone can relate and give me an opinion of what's possibly going on, their experience if similar, and diagnosis.

Thanks!

Last edited by gav_73; 05-21-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread