It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
(female)

Dragonomine HB User
Pneumonia with no congestion???

I haven't been able to find an answer on this. With my pneumonia I had in Feb I didn't even have a runny nose. No congestion, no cough, not even a tiny little cold.

I woke up one morning and felt nauseous. Laid on the couch and slept. I think I was awake for about 1 1/2 hr all day then went back to bed slept all night. Woke up the next day and was completely out of it. I had a fever of 104, couldn't stay awake and had no idea what was going on. The house could have burned around me and I wouldn't have known. That was the day I was hospitalized. I had no other symptoms at all. The 3rd day of being hospitalized when I woke up and complained of chest pain from the center of my chest radiating down my right arm and side. The nurses were like "hm, that's strange" and it wasn't even looked at.

When I was sent home I couldn't take a deep breath. I could only take shallow ones as my lungs wouldn't let me. It's like they stopped working and the pain was horrible when I tried to get a bigger breath. Forget about sneezing. I just plain couldnt. My lungs would stop me from taking a deep breath. It took a good 2 weeks to get back to normal. So has anyone had pneumonia withough actually being "sick"???

Old 09-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

leopard HB User
Re: Pneumonia with no congestion???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonomine View Post
I haven't been able to find an answer on this. With my pneumonia I had in Feb I didn't even have a runny nose. No congestion, no cough, not even a tiny little cold.

I woke up one morning and felt nauseous. Laid on the couch and slept. I think I was awake for about 1 1/2 hr all day then went back to bed slept all night. Woke up the next day and was completely out of it. I had a fever of 104, couldn't stay awake and had no idea what was going on. The house could have burned around me and I wouldn't have known. That was the day I was hospitalized. I had no other symptoms at all. The 3rd day of being hospitalized when I woke up and complained of chest pain from the center of my chest radiating down my right arm and side. The nurses were like "hm, that's strange" and it wasn't even looked at.

When I was sent home I couldn't take a deep breath. I could only take shallow ones as my lungs wouldn't let me. It's like they stopped working and the pain was horrible when I tried to get a bigger breath. Forget about sneezing. I just plain couldnt. My lungs would stop me from taking a deep breath. It took a good 2 weeks to get back to normal. So has anyone had pneumonia withough actually being "sick"???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
(female)

leopard HB User

me too. I WAS UNDERGOING CHEMO FOR BC. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was freezing. I Had a temp of 94 which is hypothermic. I go the other way with fevers. I slept for 3 days and then had trouble breathing. Went to Dr. and had cat scan which showed the infection plus 2 other nodules that may be more cancer. I did not have a cold, cough or any other symptoms. I am ok now and I hope it never happens again. NO PAIN INVOLVED.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
(female)

Dragonomine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard View Post
me too. I WAS UNDERGOING CHEMO FOR BC. I woke up in the middle of the night and I was freezing. I Had a temp of 94 which is hypothermic. I go the other way with fevers. I slept for 3 days and then had trouble breathing. Went to Dr. and had cat scan which showed the infection plus 2 other nodules that may be more cancer. I did not have a cold, cough or any other symptoms. I am ok now and I hope it never happens again. NO PAIN INVOLVED.
Did they confirm it was pneumonia? Because I've never heard of this before. I've always believes it was a secondary infection from cold or flu virus.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
(female)

graces23 HB User

My partnerís 72 year old mother was like this. She felt perfectly fine but then had to go into hospital urgently for a possible burst appendix or diverticulitis attack. They couldnít operate on her cause they discovered she had pneumonia. She was kept in hospital for over a week because of this, on an antibiotic drip to try and get her better. She felt fine except for 2 days while she was in hospital, when she felt really breathless and out of it. Otherwise, all good.

Closed Thread