It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

Laurie Hanson HB User
coughing up traces of blood in phlegm

Last night woke up with a dry cough. Nothing was coming up but had the cough. Took Nightquil and wnet to bed. In the morning, woke up with some pressure in my chest and coughed up phlegm with traces of blood in it! Every so often I cough and some times there is blood in the phlegm and sometimes not.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
(male)

mike MG HB User
Re: coughing up traces of blood in phlegm

sorry to hear that ....

i just came from a long flight (16 hours ) and while at the flight I felt that my mouth and nose are really dry and felt some phlegm in my throat and when i coughed i saw blood an that scared me alot ....

i just walked in to my apartment. I'll sleep for now and when i wake up i'll go to the doctor and see what will happen .... i'll keep u updated .... and if u have any improvement pleas keep me updated ...

Last edited by mike MG; 01-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
(female)

ecantu21 HB User

I cough up blood too about every six months or so. Whenever I lay flat on my back I feel congested even though I do not have a cold and then I feel like there is alot of phlem in my chest and start coughing phlem with bright red blood. I also feel pressure on my chest. I have been to several pulmanory docs and they have not figure out what I have. I am now thinking of seeing an infectious disease doc.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike MG View Post
sorry to hear that ....

i just came from a long flight (16 hours ) and while at the flight I felt that my mouth and nose are really dry and felt some phlegm in my throat and when i coughed i saw blood an that scared me alot ....

i just walked in to my apartment. I'll sleep for now and when i wake up i'll go to the doctor and see what will happen .... i'll keep u updated .... and if u have any improvement pleas keep me updated ...

i hope you were okay, any coughing up of blood after a long flight should be checked by a doctor immediately.

Closed Thread