It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

mentalcompass HB User
Clear Phlegm with browish spots. Sandpaper feeling.

I need some advice. I went through nuermous bouts of bronchitis / sinus infection this winter. The last was a pretty nasty infection around Easter, which my kid also had. I had a massive sinus infection and green/yellow crap from my head and lungs.

I quit smoking about 2 weeks ago but I'm still not recovering like I should be. I did buy ecig and started vaping but I haven't done that today because the vapor, I think, irritated my lungs.

My lungs feel scratchy, like sandpaper. I wake up feeling fine but notice I need to cough - out comes clear mucus with spots of brownish tan stuff in it, maybe blood, maybe tar, not sure.

I went to the doc and got a lung xray last week. He said it was clear, he also said my lungs sounded clear too.

So what the hell is this now? If this is blood, what in the world is going on. Could it be tar or healing from the infection or..... my mind runnning a bit wild on this.

I'm not out breath. In fact, I just ran around my kid's soccer field today. I did buy ecigs and started vaping a few weeks ago. I haven't done it at all today so I'm not sure if it's related because I still woke up feeling the need to clear my throat. It's not that much mucus, there's no bright red blood, but that that brown stuff, almost looks like shards of mucus. It had been yellowish and just recently now turned more brown. Not coffee either, I didn't drink any today. I did have Cappuccino protein drink but I don't think this brown is related.

I feel like I need to clear my throat and does feel scratchy and there's some mucus there.

This is all really weird. Should I go back to the doctor again? This brownish thing has been going on about a week as the infection seemed to clear.

I'm really tired of all this. You can bet I'll never smoke again and I just hope I can get my health back, I really took that for granted and feel like a real jerk for doing so.

The Following User Says Thank You to mentalcompass For This Useful Post:
mchir (06-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread