It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #1
(female)

CherryLove HB User
I keep coughing up white clear phlegm?

For about a year and a half I have been coughing up white translucent phlegm. I have never smoked or taken drugs. I have asthma and I am allergic to dust and mould. A year ago I got a bad cold that took 2 weeks or so to fully leave my system and a week later I got a sinus infection then an allergic reaction to something at my old house. After these infections and colds went away I was left with a lot of mucus and phlegm in my system. I tried to get rid of it for a year and nothing worked. I went to many doctors and they said allergic reactions was the problem. I took their medications and nothing happened. I also took some antibiotics and that didn't work either. Just a few months ago I contracted a flu from a friend and that made the phlegm situation worse as I thought there was a minor improvement. I thought that I had bronchitis before and the doctors misdiagnosed my illness as I had all the symptoms.

The phlegm is very sticky and stringy, and there is no noticeable colour. I tried avoiding dairy products and wheat for a while, but I couldn't take the diet change anymore so I went back to normal foods. Nothing seems to be working and I want to be healthy for HSC at school.

Does anyone have any idea about what it could be or how to get rid of it? I have tried many natural options as well... to no avail. I have given up on doctors in my area, and I just don't know what it is that I have or why it has been going on for so long..

The following user gives a hug of support to CherryLove:
Zaem (02-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread