It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

Nu2This HB User
Night sweats with MAC antibiotics.

Has anyone out there, who is taking antibiotics for MAC, having an increased amount of night sweats? I am on BIAXIN 1000 mg; AVELOX 400 mg; and ETHAMBUTOL 1200 mg three days a week. My nausea, shortness of breath are both worse also. I'm hanging in there and taking the meds, but am very discouraged alot of the time....The treatment seems worse than the disease, but I have a husband also in bad health who I want and need to be around for as long as I can. Trying to work full-time is sometimes more than I can handle, but I keep doing that also. No choice. Sorry to get all morose, just needed to vent, I guess. Anyway - Any suggestions on the night sweats? They wear me totally out. Thanks and everyone take care. Suzy

Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

pegkro HB Userpegkro HB Userpegkro HB User
Re: Night sweats with MAC antibiotics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2This View Post
Has anyone out there, who is taking antibiotics for MAC, having an increased amount of night sweats? I am on BIAXIN 1000 mg; AVELOX 400 mg; and ETHAMBUTOL 1200 mg three days a week. My nausea, shortness of breath are both worse also. I'm hanging in there and taking the meds, but am very discouraged alot of the time....The treatment seems worse than the disease, but I have a husband also in bad health who I want and need to be around for as long as I can. Trying to work full-time is sometimes more than I can handle, but I keep doing that also. No choice. Sorry to get all morose, just needed to vent, I guess. Anyway - Any suggestions on the night sweats? They wear me totally out. Thanks and everyone take care. Suzy
The night sweats are not from the antibiotic, but the MAC. As the bugs are killed off, the sweats get better, then almost completely disappear.
I was on the antibiotics, similiar to yours and took them every day for a year and a half. I was sicker from the antibiotics than the MAC. You didn't say if you were taking probiotics or not, but I took them for GI relief, and to ward off yeast infections, caused by the antibiotics
I understand your feelings of dispair. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hang in there. God Bless you and yours. Peggy

The Following User Says Thank You to pegkro For This Useful Post:
Nu2This (08-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

Nu2This HB User

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It helps alot to be able to talk with someone who has been through this. I am eating Activia for probiotic...that's what my ID doctor told me to do and it does help some. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel for the night sweats. I feel bad complaining about them, but you know how they can just drain what little energy we have. I hope you are doing well. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers also. Suzy

Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
(male)

aussie1950 HB User

Hello Suzy.
My night sweats are getting worse of late, and I am not on any antibiotics, and I am a male.
Very bad (and often) from the shoulders up while I try to sleep.
I do suffer among other ailments Pulmonary Fibrosis and Cardiomyopathy.
I have also been burdened with Sleep Apnoea (Apnea in the U.S.) since my teens and told a lot of my sweats could be from Adrenalin surges that make me breath again when I stop hundreds of times a night.
And maybe? part of sweaty problem could be good ole me going out in sympathy with my beloved of 41 years, she has been going through the change for 12 years now. And no HRT now for over 8 years since a lumpectomy.
Certainly feel for ya darlin, and may your God bless.
Hugs,
Bob.

Closed Thread