It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
(female)

Reno Kathi HB User
Lung Nodules/Multiple

Hello,

My name is Kathi Smith. I'm a 51 year old woman. I've smoked for the past 26 years, about 6 cigarettes a day. I have mild COPD, according to a recent PFT test. I've suffered from chronic bronchitis since the age of 17. Recently, I started having isolated pain in both lungs...patchy pain...an ache, as well as an increased cough. I reported it to my doctor, and she sent me for a CT Scan with Contrast. The radiologist found multiple nodules on the right and left lung. 3 of the nodules are 4mm sized...the rest are 2mm or less. He also noted that one year ago, (during another CT Scan) for other reasons, they were not present. How worried should I be? I found this out on August 8th...my next CT Scan is scheduled for January. Please let me know what you think...I'm worried sick!

Thank you,

Kathi Smith

Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
(female)

Reno Kathi HB User
Re: Lung Nodules/Multiple

Nobody seems to answer me...

Same thing I'm getting from my Dr.'s and family...

I'm scared...

K

Last edited by Reno Kathi; 10-01-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
(female)

pegkro HB Userpegkro HB Userpegkro HB User

Hi, I just happened to see your "nodule" note, and so I thought that I might give you some possible answers. I too, was a smoker, but, 2 packs a day for many years. I had bronchitis more times than I can remember and pneumonia, a few times, also. I have had nodules on my lungs for years and the radiologist seemed to believe they were from the numerous bouts of the bronchitis and pneumonia. When I tested positive with the TB test, they then concidered tuburculosis nodules, but that was negative. I got real sick about 4 years ago, and another CT with contrast, showed a large mass, along with an increase in size in the nodules that had been present for many years. Because of my smoking, they immediately assumed Cancer, and sent me to an oncolygist. He sent me back to the pulmonologist, suggesting a bronchoscopy, and a needle biopsy of the upper left mass. It turned out that I had MAC., a non communical disease, and I was treated for it. Your nodules sound to me to be a result of the after affects of lung infections. I wouldn't be too concerned about them, and just continue with your scheduled CT scans. If you haven't quit smoking, I suggest you start smoking, without inhaling. That will help clear your body of nicotine, and make it easier for you to finally put them down. I smoked for over 40 years, the last 30, up to 2 packs a day. If I could do it , you have a much greater chance. Hope this helps. Take care and God Bless. Peggy

Old 10-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hypatia HB Userhypatia HB User

I also have four 5 mm lung nodules which were found on a ct scan a year and a half ago. I have severe COPD (on 02 24/7) and recently had a second follow up ct scan which showed the nodules haven't changed. 4-5 mm is very small and wouldn't even be a concern in a non-smoker. My pulmo dr. says no worries; just keep watching to make sure they don't grow.

If you haven't quit smoking, I hope you are able to do so. I did, 8 years ago, and exercise has enabled me to stay quite active at 71. If I hadn't quit, I doubt I would be posting here today.

Closed Thread