It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

angilssin HB User
After surgery for lung collapse??

my hubby, 34, truck driver, his lung collapsed 3 times and he finally had surgery. They cut off some of his lung and then made it so his lung will stick to his chest cavity and not collapse. well hes been on the road and he says it feels like hes got air in there again and it is collapseing, but its not suppose to so what happens now? Has anyone expierenced this before? tyvm

Old 10-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: After surgery for lung collapse??

Hi..did he have the surgery done through scopes?

He would have had the blebs excised and stapled or stitched and then a chemical talc injected between the layers to cause abrasion so that they will stay together. was the term blebectomy mentioned?

When did he have the surgery?

If he's having ANY symptoms, it's wise for him to see his doctor/surgeon. An x-ray will be done to make sure all is intact.

I had a thoracotomy with an actual incision around my chest, so recovery was quite a while. I had much internal discomfort even after I healed...I think it might have been some air infiltration through the tissue where there might have been some bleb formation but it didn't collapse.

Regarding the pain your husband is having now, it could be that he hasn't fully healed, or he's been doing too much while healing. If he's being jostled in a semi truck, it could be some pressure or even gas that's pressing on nerves causing some of that pain.

Please let me know how he's doing.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
(female)

angilssin HB User

he had some of his lung cut off then they scrapped his lung to make it stick to his chest cavity, it has been over 2 years ago he had the surgery and once in a while he said it feels like its doing it agian not usually too bad, his shoulder and back hurts and he cant get a full breath of air and its been bad for a couple of days on and off . Now that hes had the surgery and all, i was wondering what happens now if hes filling up with air again. As for him going to a dr hes like 800 miles away from home and his boss is not a nice person lol sooo i told him to go to the er somewhere but idk if he will his surgery was horrible and they almost literlly killed him a few times it was a learning hospital in ohio, he was on the road, he was there for 2 weeks and ended up with emergency surgery cuz he got blood clots also so hes scared to go back lol ty for ur concern

Old 10-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Just curious if this is his left lung or right lung?

If it's his left and he's having chest pain he really should go to the hospital or his doctor...don't want to put a scare, but consistent chest pain could be heart related if on the left side.

If it's his right side, could be gallbladder, which could extend into the shoulder and chest.

I don't think his lung would have collapsed again since he had the surgery, and 3 years ago means no healing taking place.

Was your husband sick before this happened...with a chest cold or something respiratory related?

I do hope he gets checked out regardless.

q

Last edited by quincy; 10-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Closed Thread