It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

MiseryFields HB User
Pains in my chest

Kind of long, but here goes...

Hello all! I've recently had a pleurodesis procedure done on my left lung, and I'm slowly but surely getting back up to speed with my life. I still have an ache at the bottom on my left lung, the side that had the procedure, when I yawn, but I don't even know if that's going away. The rest of the pains are, slowly but surely, except for the occasional twinge here and there, which I honestly expected anyway.

What I'm really worried about, though, is that last week I started having these tiny twinges that felt almost like a pinching feeling on the other side, my right side. I went to the hospital, because that pinch-y feeling was too close for comfort to what I felt when I had my last pneumothorax before the surgery. They did X-Rays and checked my O2sat and all of that, but everything came back absolutely normal, and they finally gave me a two week prescription for Celexa with my discharge instead of Lexapro, which I can't afford. Yesterday, I was just relaxing on my bed, browsing the internet, and I thought I felt that tell-tale bubbling feeling. So, I went back to the hospital, yet again, and after another couple of X-Rays...nothing. Absolutely nothing, even though that pinching feeling was still there.

Another...thing about this pinch-y feeling is that it never seems to stay in one spot. Like, it will show up an inch or two under my right nipple, and then when I go to rub the spot, to see if it's a nerve pain, like I have on my left side, I might get right up under my armpit until I feel like I'm in the spot where that pinching feeling started, if that makes sense. Or, I could feel it "start" in that same spot and I might end up at the bottom of my ribcage before I feel like I rub the spot where it is. It also seems to start up whenever it pleases, but also when I'm doing something like opening the heavy outside door of my apartment (I turn the knob and then push the door open with my right foot almost every time, so it's generally a quick tightening of all of the muscles on my right side when I do that). Tonight, I was on my computer and just leaned over to grab my bottle of juice on the floor, slightly behind me, and it twinged again. It also happens once in a while when I stretch. Not all of the time, but maybe half the time, I think.

Am I going insane? Is this just my anxiety? I know that a lot of people, when they get onto a new anti-anxiety/depressant, the "anti" portion of it takes a week or so to kick in and until then, they get more anxiety, so I'm wondering if it might be that? I guess? My anxiety is absolutely wretched anyway, so it really wouldn't surprise me at all, considering I actually hyperventilated for three years due to anxiety.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread