It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
(female)

Kandeeee HB User
Please help me. I'm desperate! I don't wanna die :(

Excessive mucus in throat/airways/chest, drowning sensation, extreme pressure and heaviness in my stomach pushing up on my sternum, making it hard to breathe, indent below sternum, swollen sternum, mouth sores, swollen jaw and swollen lymph nodes,very difficult to breathe, chest pain/tightness, back heaviness, sore throat, runny nose, difficulty swallowing, hyperventilation, numbness on lips, post-nasal drip, fever, chills, frequent urination, constipation and just extreme disconnectedness with my breathing, excessive saliva/spitting up water-like saliva.

Chest X-ray was clear apparently. The mucus in all in my airways. When i take medicine to cough it up, i gag
Blood work was clear.
Urine sample was ok.
2 EKGS were both fine.

I was thinking maybe it's digestive. My stomach makes this weird rumbling noise when I breathe in. It's very tight.

Been back and forth to hospitals because I have episodes where I basically can't breathe at all. We've got nothing and we have no insurance. They won't admit me anyway.

I don't smoke. Not near people who smoke. No history of anything and it is NOT anxiety. Believe me. This has been going on for weeks and its so awful and scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
(female)

em1lyd1ck1nson HB User
Re: Please help me. I'm desperate! I don't wanna die :(

This might be a day late and a dollar short, but your symptoms sound like you have GERD, which stands for gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Find a forum or search the net to look further into it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Please help me. I'm desperate! I don't wanna die :(

Well mucus production can be from many things from sinus infections or chest infections. You could of cause ask your doctor about bronchiectasis.

To have all these symptoms you have really needs proper investigation but i agree that you should also concider the above posters advice to

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread