It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
(male)

MajorHart HB User
How soon can i take another steroid or singular with allergic asthma?

There is so much more to talk about.

Questions I have are "what is sob" and I started symbicort yesterday morning and breathed a lot better for a while and on the second 2 puffs my asthma got a lot WORSE. So I'm stopping it now. and wonder how long it will be before I can go back on azmanez which was working pretty well before.

Last night my lungs were so tight I didn't get them loosened up even with the nebulizer or albuterol inhaler. I had to take breathine tablets to sleep through the night.

So no more symbicort for me. How soon can i take another steroid or singulir and will singulair help with allergic asthma?

Thanks

MajorHart

Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
re: How soon can i take another steroid or singular with allergic asthma?

sob is shortness of breath.

The symbicort has a steroid and long-lasting bronchodilator. I'm wondering if the reason that you were feeling a bit worse is that the steroid dosage wasn't as high or as effective as was with the Asmanex.

The Singulair seems a worthy med to try.

What breathing tablet did you have to take...theophylline?? What med do you use in the nebuliser?

Is it possible that you also have a chest infection or cold?

q

Last edited by quincy; 04-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
re: How soon can i take another steroid or singular with allergic asthma?

I agree, if the Azmacort was working for you, ask your doctor to switch you back to it.

Closed Thread