It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Husband diagnosed with emphysema

He developed pnemonia and went to the ER at the hospital. They did chest xrays and found he had emphysema and doc told me his lungs are severely damaged.

He has had bronchitis since childhood and has smoked all his life, and still smoking at age 51. I smoke too but have not had any problems so far.

Anyway, doc at ER put him on antibiotics for ten days. Then he went to another docs visit for followup and this doc put him on another antibiotic for 10 days. I was quite worried that this might suppress his immune system, and he said it feels like the pnemonia is coming back. He is coughing up green mucous and also he has a very stuffy runny nose(im thinking he also has pollen allergies).

He is going to get more chest xrays Friday. He was not doing well on just albuterol alone so he is going to use Flovent also, which the doc gave him.

I read that taking magnesium might help with his breathing, so might try that.

I'm just concerned for him and have been reading the threads. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Lady50:
RUFUS100 (06-21-2012)
Closed Thread