It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Could I have lung disease

I have complex PVC's (sometimes frequent), pounding heartbeat, chest tightness, shortness of breath, coughing isn't anything extreme, spit up clear mucus.. Once I was spitting up blood in my mucus. Don't know if it was coming from the post nasal drip or why that happened. I don't normally do that. I have this breathing problem every night when I lay down,, I gasp for breath within minutes. My oxygen gets lower than it should be when I sleep and I have trouble breathing, it is not apnea. I do not stop breathing, it just slows..

Family has been commenting alot on how I am breathing loud. Get short winded quite often, it's not severe, just like if you took a short jog and it knocked you out of breath a bit.

I've smoked for 25 years, 2 pks a day.. I have had a CT back 10 years ago showed mild scarring on lung base, no definete disease. haven't been checked since.

Stress test normal. Holter monitor showed frequent PVC's, Echo normal.

Had an EKG once showing I was having long bigeminal rhythms (PVC's), treated with oxygen and they stopped. Why would the oxygen stop them? What does that mean?

I do get week and tired but I am battling with an autoimmune disorder..

My twin sister has lung disease.. Am I showing symptoms as well? Could it be that is why I am having these PVC's. Lacking oxygen in my body I need? Don't know what to think..

Maybe I should ask my dr for a chest x-ray and find out..

And it always hurts my chest when I breathe in.. Is that a sign something is wrong?

Last edited by neveragain444; 06-28-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Could I have lung disease

I would certainly say you must see a doctor regarding you health ASAP. You could have a simple viral infection which would give you some of those symptoms. The fact that your heart is ok is good news but would indicate that further investigation is required on your lungs. IT sounds like you are monitoring your O2 levels and if they fail below 90 then its a concern that must be looked at because that will indicate a problem for sure and will make you feel as thou you cannot breath ( my mom has lung conditions )

I would quitt smoking if you havnt already now.

Please update us, and best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

My next visit with my doctor is september.

My oxygen drops to 86 in my sleep.. not too low.. I'm not aware that it drops while I am awake, I am not monitoring my O2.

It's not a viral infection. I have been having these symptoms for years now. It's been worse lately..

I've had lung pain off and on. Hurt my side (sharp pain) when breathing. I had pain that felt like it was in my lungs persist for months while that went on. Pain recurred again and it felt like it was in my lungs. But I really don't know why I hurt there.

I will slow on the smoking when I start working this fall. LOL. But quitting, doubtful.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You need to do to things now.

1, see a doctor for sure. Lungs dont have pain recepters, so you dont really have lung pain as such, but somthing like pleurisy will give you pain in your back.

2, Quit smoking. Im an X smoker, 20 years and loved it, but you got to get off those cigs. Try the smoking forum here for advice, but i used right or wrong ecigs etc. They worked for me.

86 is to low - fact, thats why you need to see a doctor. Below 90 your other organs in your body start to suffer and the result of long term o2 to them will create other problems for you.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah I think it was pleurisy, they just didn't xray me. Which is a shame, because I wouldn't have such an issue when I see a rheumatologist about having an autoimmune disorder if he had of.. well whatever I guess.

Thank you for the advice.

I quit smoking for a year.. and well,, never could get over the want for it,, I am so addicted. It was a nightmare trying to quit. I can't imagine putting myself through it again. But ecigs, yes, my brother gave me one and it was amazing. I bought some (not the same brand) and they aren't any good.. So I might end up trying what he gave me when they get them back in stock online..

Just one question though,, if you have a lung disease, does your oxygen drop while your awake? I know my aunt's does, and she has congestive heart failure and emphysema. My sister has emphysema also, I will have to ask her this question.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Hiya, well its good to hear that you may be sorted for the pain.

Well i dont use ecigs brand, but somthing is better than nothing and nothing is better than smoking for sure.

If you have lung disease your oxygen will drop whilst your a sleep, thats why people are required to sleep with O2 at night. The reason being is that you put extra strain on the heart to pump o2 around your body and other organs whicg are O2 dependant slowly fail over time.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hiya, well its good to hear that you may be sorted for the pain.

Well i dont use ecigs brand, but somthing is better than nothing and nothing is better than smoking for sure.

If you have lung disease your oxygen will drop whilst your a sleep, thats why people are required to sleep with O2 at night. The reason being is that you put extra strain on the heart to pump o2 around your body and other organs whicg are O2 dependant slowly fail over time.
I take medication about 4 or 5 times a month for my chronic pain, only when it is really bad. NSAID's tear my stomach up so I can't take them everyday.

Oh okay,, I didn't know that.. I was diagnosed with upper respiratory syndrome. I have trouble breathing, it slows down too much, and my oxygen drops.. But no apnea. However, one nurse told me this was normal for someone. So I don't know what to believe. It's only bad in REM sleep, I used a CPAP machine for awhile but couldn't tolerate it. I gasp for breath while I am awake as well, but only when I'm relaxed.

I had troubles the past couple of years with surgeries. I don't know if it's the medications or my lungs. One of them, I woke up in recovery, and my oxygen kept staying down in the 80's, she said I had PVC's the entire time of the surgery, major amount of them. I'd wake up, go back to sleep, and stop breathing, had abnormal arrythmia's with another surgery.

Well I hope there isn't anything wrong & I will ask my dr to check it out though. Someone who smokes should have their lungs looked at every so often anyways and he's honestly failed to do this..

Reply Reply