It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

jennylee3791 HB User
Significant Emphysema and Large Bullae

Hi y'all! This is my first post here and my husband has recently be diagnosed with Emphysema and large bullae in both lungs. The Bullae are in the upper lobes on both sides (dont have the size on hand). We were told that the right lung is pretty much useless and the left lung has about half use. He recently broke a couple ribs and when we were in the hospital with his ribs his 02 SATs were in low 80s even dipping into the upper 70s couple times. He has been told that he need 02 at home but he refuses. He has been a smoker all of his life...30 plus years but is tryin to quit. He was told by the doctor that it is bad but my hsuband doesnt ask questions when we are at the doctor and I dont feel like it is my place to ask the "how long" kinda question. Or what we are in store for. He has had a dry hacky cough for all the years that I have known him (14 plus years) and has 2 inhalers now which are helping with the cough.

I have seen with the other reading that I have done that size matters and he is 5'10" and 180 lbs. He has also been a drug addict for many year. He is now recovering and I dont know if that matters. He has had recent fusion on lower back ( 2 years ago). His family has heart issues at early age, mom died at 52 from heart attack and many others have passed at that age and younger. My husband is in his late 40s.

He was told 6 years ago that he had blebs and needed to get them checked out further but refused to have it looked into.

I would like to get any input and please be honest with me. I am a fact based person. If you have any questions please ask and I will answer the best I can. My step dad died from COPD so I am aware of some things but this seems to be alot different than his was.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
(female)

jennylee3791 HB User
Re: Significant Emphysema and Large Bullae

Lots of views but no replies...

Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
(female)

katmen HB User
Re: Significant Emphysema and Large Bullae

not looking good, he needs to stop smoking now and to have a luck for another 5 years to survive the cleaning process of body.... personal family experience

Reply Reply