It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
Chronic cough

I've had a cough for about 4 weeks, and I'm sick of it.

It first started when my housemates were sick -- 2 of them had bronchitis, and 1 had a sinus/upper respiratory infection. The only symptom I had at that point was a cough, mainly at night, and bad enough that it would wake my roommate.

Then, I developed a cold. The cold was a typical one -- stuffy/runny nose, cough, fatigue, sore throat etc. and it lasted about a week. But unfortunately, the cold turned into bronchitis. I was put on zithromax, a very potent antibiotic (it's a 5 day course taken 1x/day rather than a 10 day course taken 2-3x/day). I finished the antibiotics a week ago, and I'm feeling much better, but the cough is hanging on.

My cough is (and always has been) a dry, hacking cough. Sometimes though it's less of a hack and more of a normal, light cough, and lately, it's become more of a wheezing cough. I've also been waking up in the middle of the night most nights as well, coughing.

I've also had chest tightness and have been using the Ventolin inhaler I was prescribed quite regularly.

Does this sound like asthma or what?

I'm planning on going back to the health center tomorrow to see what can be done.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

UNKNOWN0 HB User
Re: Chronic cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyou009 View Post
Why do you say that?

I have no other symptoms...just a cough and tight chest...
you should do a xray.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply