It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

tigerteatime HB User
Unhappy Chronic Deep Cough...again

A couple years ago I suffered from a chronic deep dry cough. It lasted for about 9 month. I went to my doctor repeatedly and, besides continuing to ask me if I smoke (never have, never will), ruled out that it was anything contagious and put me on Delsym to suppress the cough.

That was before. Now, it appears to be back. It started two or three days ago. I came home and my head was killing me! Light, sound, the vibrations from me laughing, *everything* caused pain. Since then, my appetite has been cut almost exactly in half. All week, I have been able to eat, at most, half of what I would normally eat. I don't feel sick at all though.

The headaches lasted for about 2 days. Now I am just left with the cut appetite and cough. The coughing is so strong that the muscles in my throat hurt from the force. Note: I don't have a sore throat (internal pain), the muscles in my throat are sore (external-ish pain).

I have finals next week and the coughing is disruptive, not to mention the fact that everyone around me is worried that I am contagious.

For the first day of the coughing it appeared to be a productive cough, producing only *clear* mucus. My nasal passages are clear. I don't know what to do.

Please, anyone that can give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

(21-y/o female)

Reply Reply

Tags
cough, headaches