It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

GoBlue24 HB User
23 year old with breathing problems-hiccups

Hey all,

So I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm a 23 year old guy, very healthy other than these health problems I've been having since about mid July. I have no family history in any medical diseases, and before I started having these problems I was working out 6x a week, eating all natural foods, and basically just enjoying a healthy life.

It all started in mid July of this year. I began coughing a lot, and also having congestion. It started out of nowhere. I have never had anything like that before. So, I still have a little bit of congestion and it seems to get worse randomly. I also am still coughing, and it's almost always at night time or when I have difficulty breathing.

So, fast forward about 1.5 months and I can recall being extremely fatigued, much moreso than normal. I couldn't function in Chemistry class(and still can't) because of lack of mental focus and also fatigue in general. It seems like by noon I feel like I can go to bed and this has been going on since mid July..if anything getting worse. It's actually a huge chore to type this right now..that's how mentally drained I am.

From about mid september until now I've been experiencing heart palpitations that are extremely strong and scary, extreme difficulty breathing, and hiccups that seem to accompany my difficulty breathing. Breathing is easier in the morning and harder at night. I also have these weird muscle spasms that have been going on for months....will randomly occur and on every part of my body(not all at once).

I've been "sick" on and off again for the past three months. I will have weird things happen to me like getting pink eye for the first time ever, or get a lump in my throat which has never happened...or just get a case of bad coughing/stuffiness. It has pretty much been relentless.

The main thing I"m concerned about is my difficulty breathing and fast pulse rate. My pulse rate at rest has been as high as 122 before. I know it's not anxiety. The breathing gets progressively worse towards nighttime.

So, no idea what's causing these symptoms but so far my lungs, kidneys, thyroid, heart, HIV, mono, have all been ruled out.

I'm honestly thinking it sounds like lymes disease to me...only because I visit family three times a year in a place in Wisconsin that has an extremely high lyme disease rate.
What do you guys think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply