HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lung-respiratory-disorders-copd/)
-   -   copd im scared (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lung-respiratory-disorders-copd/940322-copd-im-scared.html)

myraacey 02-23-2013 05:37 PM

copd im scared

I found out i have copd, take all breatheing meds, but have troubling taking deep breathe, im so scared. i think my life is over, does anybody have this problem?

friday49 02-23-2013 06:20 PM

Re: copd im scared

Don't be scared. It is not the end of your life. The most important thing to do is to not smoke. No Joke. If you want to see what it is like worse, keep smoking. It will get much worse if you keep smoking.

The second most important thing to do is to exercise. Strength exercise and cardio, at least walking. You have a choice. You can give in to the disease or you can fight it. Fight it by exercising.

This is my experience. I was first diagnosed over ten years ago. But I didn't stop smoking when I was diagnosed. When Chantix came out, I took that and was able to stop.

myraacey 02-23-2013 09:36 PM

you brought joy to me, if i could take deep breath, i think i would stop worring so much, i walk alot, i do take a puff on a cig, not even a whole cig in three days when i cant stand anymore. but thankyou for giving me hope

Nancycatxx 03-09-2013 06:22 PM

Hi Firday49,
I've been looking at that Chantix, but it is so expensive. Do you know of any place to get it cheap or at some kind of discount.
I'm using the electronic cigs right now, seem to be working.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
I was diagnosed with COPD about 3 yrs ago and just lately have I been able to cut my smoking..just not entirely.

Nancycatxx 03-09-2013 06:23 PM

Hi Firday49,
I've been looking at that Chantix, but it is so expensive. Do you know of any place to get it cheap or at some kind of discount.
I'm using the electronic cigs right now, seem to be working.
Thanks for any help you can offer. ;)
I was diagnosed with COPD about 3 yrs ago and just lately have I been able to cut my smoking..just not entirely. :rolleyes:

friday49 03-09-2013 07:11 PM

I know it is expensive and I do understand that sometimes you just might not have the money. Two points: if you have the money, it is worth it. Secondly, if you don't, sometimes the makers of medication participate in programs that give the medication out for free if certain criteria are met. There was a point after I went on disability but before I had medicare, when I got advair, and spiriva that way. I went on the web sites for the manufacturers and found their programs.

I will try to look.

myraacey 03-09-2013 08:44 PM

you know you are a angel, im taking all the meds you said, my breathing gotten better, i go days without smoking, then out of nowhere i get terriable crarving and ruin it all.