It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Can You Help?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Can You Help?

Hi, I have been gone due to serious family emergencies...seems one after another. I have not felt well at all this week. I noticed a VERY scary new symptom last night. I gently, VERY gently went to touch my mid section. Before I could even THINK about putting my dry skin cream on, JUST the barely, barely brushing up on my skin, sent this nerve pain on fire, that seemed to domino into ALL the nerves feeling almost raw/exposed? And I have these syranges new nodules everyplace😖. I have so many things...Sytstemic Lupus, secondary sceroderma...sjogrens, anticardiolipin antiboidy syndrome, and on and on and on. BUT THIS? I JUST DO NOT know, feeling worried...thank you and hi to everyone!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 AM   #2
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Can You Help?

Anyone? I am worried?

Old 01-25-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
VeeJ
Senior Veteran
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Madison, have you spoken to your GP or rheumatologist? Being a patient who's never had such a thing, I can't guess what this might be, other than possibly shingles. Are these nodule-like things only on one side, meaning do they "respect" the center line of your body? Let us know what happens, OK? Good luck!

P.S. I think there's an antiviral med for shingles but that it's only effective if given very early, like 2 days into an outbreak. I can't get the shingles VACCINE to lower odds of getting shingles, because it's a LIVE vaccine, which lupus patients alas can't do...

Last edited by VeeJ; 01-25-2017 at 05:44 AM. Reason: correct confusing sentence

Old 01-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #4
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for trying to help. The symptoms left...Poor, BUT My doctor ordered bloodworm and I have a physical coming very soon. Again thank you! I was very worried!

Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 AM   #5
VeeJ
Senior Veteran
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Glad you're feeling better! Let us know how your bloodwork goes.

Did you take pictures? I just had another thought. Could these have been hives? One summer when he was 50-ish, my hubby suddenly became sensitive to strawberries, which he'd eaten all his life. Overnight, 50+ fiery red hives, head to toe, all sides. Since then, avoidance has worked but not perfectly. He thinks that once he says he's reactive, sometimes a restaurant will just remove the strawberry on top, rather than throwing out a dish, which leaves juice & residue, so he occasionally pops a few small hives.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

With this severe pain there was no rash at all which made me SO dumbfounded regarding the pain. In the future though taking pix, when there is a rash is a GREAT IDEA!!!!!! THANK YOU!! The nodules make me nervous......😕 Hopefully my bloodworm will reveal something.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
VeeJ
Senior Veteran
(female)

Madison, if the nodules are still there (I think I misunderstood & thought that they'd disappeared), even if pain has abated, I say DOCTOR! I honestly wouldn't mess with this, in light of your multiple AI dx'es. Is your rheum nearby? I'd probably try there first. In fact, I'd call & ask to come in ASAP.

I've seen pics of sudden nodules stemming from various causes, some autoimmune, and none sound good to me... Please drop an update when you can---but first attend to YOU. Good luck!

P.S. Forgot to say, I've heard of nodules stemming from autoimmune vascular "hits", which is the sort of thing you want evaluated for, I think. And something in that ballpark could potentially be serious, which is why I think you need a professional to assess you. Better to err on the side of caution!

Last edited by VeeJ; 01-25-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added P.S.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh goodness.....Thank you. I think I have felt SERIOUSLY that something is amiss :-(. And I know I should not and I won't wait. I will call after the doctors lunch.....I hope there is some help. I hope I start to feel better to help others here too!.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:08 AM   #9
VeeJ
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glad you're contacting your rheum! I imagine this could be some lesser problem, say, something you ingested (like my sis when she took something containing codeine), but it makes sense to let your rheum evaluate. And I sure hope he DOES rule out serious things, of course. Let us know, OK?

Old 01-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #10
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

I will let you know. After feeling around (silly I know) ahhh I have a whole lot of these nodules under my skin, so they are in MANY PLACES, all very painful to the touch, although nothing like that BAD night!!!! Yes, this needs to be addressed. As soon as I have an idea, I will share. Maybe it will help someone else too. 💖

Last edited by Madison104; 01-27-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #11
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison104 View Post
I will let you know. After feeling around (silly I know) ahhh I have a whole lot of these nodules under my skin, so they are in MANY PLACES, all very painful to the touch, although nothing like that BAD night!!!! Yes, this needs to be addressed. As soon as I have an idea, I will share. Maybe it will help someone else too. ��
Madison some autoimmune diseases cause subcutaneous nodules. These are under the skin, tender frequently, and vary in size from size of pea to plum. They are particularly common in rheumatoid arthritis. They are inflamed areas. In lupus, they affect the fat under skin and are called panniculitis. Your rheum will likely be able to tell if that is what they are. Just another manifestation of your autoimmune disease. Let us know.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
Madison104
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ohhh very interesting and it makes sense. Lupus really does come with SO SO many different and strange things. I will let all of you know, when I get some answers:-( sooner than later, I hope. You have all been so kind !!!!!

Reply Reply