It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Systemic Rash on forearms

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
Laura54940
(female)

Laura54940 HB User
Rash on forearms

Hi,
I was diagnosed in Aug 2016 with Lupus, and Fibro myalgia secondary to the Lupus. I take Plaquenil and Gabapentin daily. For the last 3 months, I 'very had these bumps on just my forearms, I can feel them there all the time but they get really itchy every day at different times. When I scratch, the bumps swell...They look like whiteheads but aren't...no actual head. But they are sooooo itchy when they decide to flare. There doesn't seem to be any pattern associated with when the itchiness flares. My rheum gave me Hydroxyzine to take at night for when it gets bad. Has anyone ever heard of this as a symptom of Lupus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
VeeJ
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Rash on forearms

Sorry to be so slow! Anyhow, it's my understanding that the *lupus-specific* rashes generally do not itch, with the exception of bullous, the ones that look like raised watery blisters. But that's not to say that people with lupus don't get skin problems---I think we do, I bet disproportionately. I'd wonder about the Plaquenil and/or Gabapentin: I think the "fillers" used in manufacturing pills can often be an issue for sensitive people.

Something that's curious (to me) is that you're getting this rash only on your forearms. Hmmm... This makes me wonder about things like dish detergent, housecleaners, rubber gloves, etc. I hope you can get this solved! Best wishes, V

Reply Reply