It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board

Confusion

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
Jamilf91
(female)

Jamilf91 HB User
Confusion

I had an Ana test done last November. It came back 1:160 homogeneous my doc has suspected lupus for awhile. He decided to do another Ana in Feb to see if it was false. That one came back 1:160 mixed (homogeneous and speckled). I went to a rheumatologist and we found I have 7 of the 11 markers. He diagnosed a couple others along with lupus and sent me for follow blood work. He included an Ana for some reason and it said negative! Different diagnostic lab then I usually use. Now I am completely confused. What is going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 AM   #2
VeeJ
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Confusion

Hi. I believe these AI tests can wax and wane as one's immune system misfires, then reverts to normal behavior, then misfires... All blood labs are only a snapshot in time, really, and in the AI's, certain tests are known to fluctuate. Did he start you on meds for the diagnoses? That's the main thing, I think. Let us know how you're doing. Best wishes!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Jamilf91
(female)

Jamilf91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJ View Post
Hi. I believe these AI tests can wax and wane as one's immune system misfires, then reverts to normal behavior, then misfires... All blood labs are only a snapshot in time, really, and in the AI's, certain tests are known to fluctuate. Did he start you on meds for the diagnoses? That's the main thing, I think. Let us know how you're doing. Best wishes!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
Jamilf91
(female)

Jamilf91 HB User

Yes, he started me on plaquenil and a couple other meds. I am so confused about the ana

Reply Reply