It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #1

*Pook* HB User
Question DIAGNOSED TODAY~Plaquenil Question..

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Hi ~ I finally recieved a diagnosis of Lupus today. Along with a trip to the opthamologist my doctor has prescribed Plaquenil. I also have to have a blood test, and a pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts.
My question is would it affect my blood test results if I start on plaquenil today, I can't get into town for the blood test for two days.

Any help most appreciated!

Thanks so much Angelic for your help and giving me confidence to get another opinion ~ Dr diagnosed me without positive blood tests as I have too many other symptoms ~

Best Wishes,
*Pook*

Old 11-04-2003, 09:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

smartgal HB User
I'm sure it would. That's the point of the plaquenil to treat the problems with the immune system. I would try to get in there sooner if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pook*
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=Indigo]Hi ~ I finally recieved a diagnosis of Lupus today. Along with a trip to the opthamologist my doctor has prescribed Plaquenil. I also have to have a blood test, and a pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts.
My question is would it affect my blood test results if I start on plaquenil today, I can't get into town for the blood test for two days.

Any help most appreciated!

Thanks so much Angelic for your help and giving me confidence to get another opinion ~ Dr diagnosed me without positive blood tests as I have too many other symptoms ~

Best Wishes,
*Pook*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread