It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 07:06 AM   #1
Inactive

toughgurl HB User
Question Lupus?

Hi,

I have been on some other boards here because I'm trying to find out what is wrong with me.First my Dr. thought it was maybe it was low iron,then Fibro,then MS,then Pineal Cystand then they said they thought maybe Panic Disorders

But all of these have been ruled out,now maybe Lupus.

My symptoms are:

Nausea
loss of balance
dizziness
muscle stiffening in legs
Joint pain
hands & feet swell up
fatigue
pains in head that come and go-sharp everyday
pain around eyes
trouble foucusing eyes,like when reading
sometimes feet & hands sweat for no reason (happened 2xs)
heart paps
chest pain
shortness of breath
hand tremors
legs will get heavy sometimes,like lead,hard to walk

Right now I take a cane with me in case the loss of balance comes on suddenly.

Does this sound like lupus?I don't have a rash and I had blood tests done in june that were negitive.

Thanks..
Rhonda

Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Hi Rhonda,

After reading your list of symptoms, I must ask if your doctors preformed an MRI on you? I could see why they think that you may have MS, because your symptoms are typical of MS. However! There is a syndrome that can occur in women or men (more commonly women) called Antiphospholipid Syndrome that can go with or occur without Lupus. Basically, this syndrome can cause blood clots to develop anywhere in the body- it is often mistaken for MS because of the presentation of the symptoms. There is a huge difference though. The treatment for APS is thinning the blood out, becuz it is "sticky". Please go and read about APS in the "MS" forum and see if you fit that one. If so, I would recommend getting tested for it.

Lupus wise, it does seem that you could have that too! Lupus can occur with negative blood work, because medical science is not perfect. Blood work can change on a day to day basis. Have you been tested for Sjogren's Syndrome? It is a syndrome that involved dry eyes, mouth, nose etc and can involve the joint fluids. It is an easy test! They put a piece of litmus paper in your eye to check for moisture. Also, there are blood tests and other samples they can check in your salivary glands in the mouth. Hope this helps you and please ask as many questions as you want!

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread