It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #1

Hewie HB User
Thumbs up Good news...

Hey Angelic and others.... I got some good news today.

I was able to get an appt. with a rheumatologist at Ohio State U Medical Center (obviously I live in central Ohio ) I have Medicaid and many docs will not accept it. It means that I can see a rheumatologist only 50 mins. from home as opposed to over 2 hours for the Cleveland Clinic... tho they are renowned... AND my two daughters live in Columbus so they can help....! The only downside is that my appt. is for Dec. 17th and the one in Cleveland is for the 5th but I've done the running back & forth thing to Cleveland for MS testing and it gets old...! Especially as I cannot drive it by myself - had to have folks drive me -- my eyes won't let me see too well now.

And Angelic, the nurse at the Doc's office at OSU also said that prednisone can certainly alter blood tests when I asked her. She has Lupus herself and said that Dr. Whisler is very good. So... I feel good about going there...
I'm not too pleased with the MS doc in Cleveland having me get an important blood test when I definitely told her I was on prednisone (I had an ENA ID panel done as followup to the high positive ANA)... but... whatever that's over the hill now....
Kinda like me.... I get the grand privilege of having my 8th (and 3rd major surgery) on Dec. 9th... Aye, yi, yi...! This has been like the year from "h................." for me...! Sorry best way I can express it...!

Now if I can just be patient...! esp. since I'm a bit scared... my foot did a real weird thing last night... it just all of a sudden cramped up real hard and my foot curled downward and my lower leg was in an intense, painful spasm for a short time... My legs have been cramping a lot but not like that..

I suppose I should probably call my primary to see if he will order blood test for APS.... I'm so.............. tired of doctors this year.........

Take care...! I'm bouncing and I don't do that often...!

hewie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: Good news...

Wahooo!! I am so happy for you sweetie!! Be sure to take your positive blood work with you and a list of your symptoms okay? And he will test you for the Antiphospholipid Syndrome if he is good

The cramping could be a lack of calcium from the Prednisone. I promise you that if you take a calcium magnesium supplement that the cramps will go away. It doesn't matter if you are off of the Pred now, prednisone depletes your calcium stores. So get some calcium supplements into you and I KNOW that those will pass. I am so pleased for you!!! Before your appt I will give you some ideas if you would like, just let me know. I am dancing a jig for you today! What is the surgery for?

~Luv, Angelic

Old 11-20-2003, 05:28 PM   #3

Hewie HB User

Hi Angelic...

I am having surgery to repair a major rectosele - knew it was coming - was just hoping next year!

And I will write down a list of everything to take to appt. with me. They had the blood tests results when they were positive.... so.... And if you can think of anything else I might consider (tips) I'd be happy to receive them... This doctor has a good reputation as do most at OSU Med Center.

Life could be a whole lot worse I guess and just for now - I'm handling it...

Kudos & blessings to you...! hewie

PS - what's the story with you? how long diagnosed? family/kids/work? Just curious.... bye...

Old 11-20-2003, 11:26 PM   #4

Truffles HB User
Smile Re: Good news...

Hi Hewie
Thanks for replying to my post. I looooooooove this site! I hope your surgery goes well! I'm sure it will! I just wanted to say hi and I'm thinking about you! I don't know much of the techinical stuff, so I'll stay out of that. Angelic. is the pro. We should send her a group hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewie
Hi Angelic...

I am having surgery to repair a major rectosele - knew it was coming - was just hoping next year!

And I will write down a list of everything to take to appt. with me. They had the blood tests results when they were positive.... so.... And if you can think of anything else I might consider (tips) I'd be happy to receive them... This doctor has a good reputation as do most at OSU Med Center.

Life could be a whole lot worse I guess and just for now - I'm handling it...

Kudos & blessings to you...! hewie

PS - what's the story with you? how long diagnosed? family/kids/work? Just curious.... bye...

Old 11-21-2003, 04:49 AM   #5

Hewie HB User

Hi Truffles... I just love this site too...! Thanks for thinking about me... Yes... a group hug would be nice...

I neglected to say when I said my 8th surgery that it has all been in this year....Then dealing with this other stuff too..... Arggghhh... I thought you were supposed to fall apart after you turned 50 not before.... Oh well.... at least I'm a pro at it now... ha... ha... The surgery does not bother me near as much as the other stuff... but trying to hang in there... like everyone else on these boards.... so I don't feel alone... Thanks again to you guys....

Take care.... hewie

Old 11-21-2003, 09:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User

I would love a group hug! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) That's the best I can do for right now

I will post my story for you all to read, its very interesting and will give you an understanding of how I have learned so much! Good luck with the surgery.. That's a lot of surgery in one year! Please be careful, often surgeries can throw us into a flare up of Lupus symptoms thats for sure. I will pray for you guys!

~Luv, Angelic (Dana)

Closed Thread