It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

Luvmypugs HB User
No energy, Moody, Achy, anyone else feel sooo bad?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you are also taking pain medication with the Methotrexate? I am on the once/a/week injections and the day after, I feel pretty blah. The Rheumy presribed Lortab 7.5/500 to take as needed but I have been on them for a few years now off and on and I don't feel like they are working as well as they once were.

For example. I got my shot in my arm last night before bed. I wasn't asleep 2 hours when I woke up chilling, my head was hurting, I was achy and I headed straight for the Lortab. I took 2 and went back to bed....within an hour, I was right back up, my whole body was aching and just plain jittery and creepy crawly so I took another one and an Ativan and slept for about 3 more hours and now I've been up since 5:00. This is NO good with a 22 month old who will be ready to go at about 8:30 . I need to try and convince them that I need something else to take. I would like to try one of the patches or something that I didn't have to take so often. I also have NO energy. Any suggestions there ??

Honestly, I am so sick and tired of feeling so bad and being so damn cranky and irritable. My husband makes me mad at the drop of a hat and so does everyone else. I've got to get a handle on this, it's ruining my life. Are any of you taking anti-depressants as well? It's the Holidays, my absolute favorite time of year and I can't be this way, I won't be this way, I need help guys. If so, I'd love to hear from all of you about your experiences, any advice would be so greatly appreciated, I'm soooo sad right now.

Take care
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: No energy, Moody, Achy, anyone else feel sooo bad?

Hey Melissa,

Can you take Prednisone? Maybe you could take pred while you are on the methotrexate.. it would certainly help a bit for sure. I am on oxycontin with my meds to help with pain, it helps wonderfully for me but it has a bad name because of drug users. It does work good because it is slow released over a 12 hour period. I also take oxycodone for quick release to keep up with the pain. I sleep well, feel a lot better with it! I know how you feel though, its so very frustrating when the meds arent working. It just takes time- which is really tough.. but you will get through it I swear! I am sending you big hugs. Take care!!

~Angelic

Closed Thread