It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 10:27 AM   #1

football_mom HB User
dr. appt. next week, finally

Hey everybody! My doctor never has called me in regaurds to my very high blood work. So I called last week and just went on and made an appointment so I can discuss it with him. I can't wait any longer to find out what is going on. I have all of the symptoms of Lupus and aps so if I have either one I need to get treated asap! Right. Should I just ask him to go ahead and send me to a rheumy or what? I am in so much pain 5 out of 7 days it hurts to do anything. Just to refresh your mind Angelic if you read this my blood work was anti-dsdna 34, anticardiolipin ab, IgM 40 (range was 0-9) and eos .5 (range 0.0-0.4) Thanks for listening.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: dr. appt. next week, finally

Hey football_mom!!

I think it would be a great idea to get an appt with a Rheumatologist ASAP. Do you have a copy of your most recent blood work? If you do.. can you check what your WBC and your Lymphocytes were at? I really hope that you can see a Rheumatologist that specializes in Lupus and APS. It is so important that the Rheumatologist is familiar with both of them. So many Rheumy's specialize in mainly Rheumatoid Arthritis and plain Arthritis because Lupus is more difficult to treat (in they're minds). Can you find information online about Rheumy's in your area? Sometimes hospitals (especially in the US) will have websites from hospitals listing the doctors and the specialties they are in. If you could do that, perhaps you could find a good one right away! Sometimes it can take so long to get diagnosed properly, I pray that you don't have to wait too long!

I found some information on Rheumy's in your area! Actually, in Kentucky specifically. I will post them to you in your private messages. The private messages are located at the top of the screen, right by your nickname when you are logged in (in case you weren't sure). Please read and I will go into some detail on Rheumy's in your area Take care and I hope that the pain gets better- I know what thats all about!! I hate the pain the most. Talk to you soon

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: dr. appt. next week, finally

woops I can't Private message you for some reason lol Anyway you can check out the Rheumatologists in your area by searching your local Lupus chapter. You can call them even, and ask how to find a Rheumatologist that is certified in your area

~Angelic

Old 12-01-2003, 11:04 AM   #4

football_mom HB User
Re: Angelic

Yes I do have copies of my last bloodwork with the cbc, white blood count etc, on it. I think the last time all of that blood work was done was in April or June. Not for sure it is at home, I'll go home this afternoon and look at it. Is there anything specific I need to look for or was you just being curious? So I need to find a rheumy that specializes in both lupus and aps, not just a regular rheumy, right? I'll be searching for one and when I go see the neuro Monday I'll mention a dr. that I found unless he knows a better one. Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted. Let me know if I need to look for anything certain on my other bloodwork at home.

Closed Thread