It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 11:11 AM   #1

teerose HB User
Question Antinuclear AB w/RFX IFA

Hello...

I have a question that I was hoping someone who help me with.

Recently I went for bloodwork and the doctor added a test for Lupus because my mom has it.

He tested me for:
Antinuclear AB w/RFX IFA
Anti-Nuclear AN

The ideal reference range is 'Negative' but my test came back 'Equivocal' which I guess is better than 'Postive'.

Does anyone know if I should be "worried" that my results did not come up Negative - or is equivocal just fine.

He also tested my Thyroid Levels. My T4 Total was slighly high and my T3 Uptake was slightly low - by slightly I mean like just over the range - the doctor said that my TSH was in a normal range and that I should re-test in 6-months.

Thanks in advace,
TeeRose

Old 02-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB UserAngelicBrat HB User
Re: Antinuclear AB w/RFX IFA

Hi TeeRose,

Did those tests show a "titre" on them? What that means is that it would show a value of 1:40 etc. If you can find out the titre AND the stain that makes all the difference in the world. I think that equivical means that it was slightly positive, meaning that you do have a positive ANA. Do you have symptoms of Lupus? If you don't have symptoms BUT you have the genetics I think its a good idea to get your ANA checked every once in awhile, especially if you start to show symptoms. IF You have symptoms of Lupus, I would recommend an appt with a Rheumatologist to make sure. Does your mom have a good Rheumy you could see if you are symptomatic? Take care!!

~Angelic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

msquestions HB User
Red face Re: Antinuclear AB w/RFX IFA

Hello, I need to know what this is, I just came from my doctor and she is testing me for it. I have chronic back pain and it is so bad that the pain shoots from my butt down my leg and my leg also stays num. My joyins her, if I sit to long it is hard for me to get up and walk, in the morning it's hard to get out the bed, so I thought I my have atharitis, I may have spelled it wrong I hope you understand what I am saying. I also have has a few misscarrages too, but I was told that I have blood clots. Can someone tell me more about this Anti-nuclear AB w/RFX? thank you.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
(female)

msquestions HB User
Re: Antinuclear AB w/RFX IFA

Hello. I have chronic back pain, and the pain is so bad that it shoots down from my butt to my leg, and is always num. I my have thought I have atheritis, but doctor said don't think so, it may be anti-nuclear. Can someone tell me more about it? I also had many miscarrages to, but was told it is blood clots.

Closed Thread