It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 09:01 AM   #1

alisonmelia HB User
help needed again!!!

Hi sorry to bother u guys again i checked in a while ago and asked if the syptoms i had could be lupus u were so kind and helpful ive come back for more advise. I did have some blood work done before christmas but in the uk we dont get told the ins and outs i was just told it was normal. I started to feel ok ie not so tired and warn out and other syptoms started to disapear. But unfortunately that was short lived. I had intermittent pain in most of my joints but my right shoulder was really causing me greif. Small movements were the worst like turning the steering wheel, ironing, whisking eggs etc. So after much nagging i went back to gp. She said my blood work was normal but reffered me to a physio and a rhumy. I went to see the physio a couple of weeks ago as the gp had only mentioned my shoulder thats all that he could look at. He said it was chronically unstable and wanted to refer me to a surgeon. I told him i was seeing the rhumy the following week so he said hed wait to see what he said and he wants to see me again next week. On seeing the rhumy he said i have hypermobility syndrome and that surgery would cause me more problems. However im now feeling really bad again it seems all my aches and pains have gone into overdrive(didnt know weather to put that down to being pocked and prodded) if i tidy my lounge and hoover the floor im then soooo tired and in pain for the rest of the day. I have been diagnosed with raynards syndrome My asthma has flared up again and surprise surprise my kidneys are complaining again. I dont get exactly a rash on my face but i keep getting bright red blotches on my cheeks which i have to hide with make up if i go out but they dont stay for to long they disapear and reappear at random. The rumy has done some blood work and is organising for a scan of my shoulder hip and hands the most painful joints in other words. He prescribed me some anti inflamatories and surprise surprise i was allergic to them so ive now got a new one he wants to see me in another 10 weeks. ive looked into hypermobility syndrome and the rest of my symptoms dont seem to fit. I had a few weeks of feeling ok and ive slowly been going downhill for the last 8 weeks. It got so bad last time i spent virtually a month on the sofa. should i mention lupus to the rumy Ive just found out that my grandmother had rhumatoid arthritis i dont speak to my family so i wasnt aware of this. My nephew also has cronnes so inflamatory problems are in the family. I just dont know where to go from here if i had the pain and tiredness seperatly maybe i could cope but both at the same time plus all the rest of it i dont know its getting me down. thanx for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
(female)

wen10 HB User
Re: help needed again!!!

Hi alison
i think you are right and should definately mention that auto immune diseases run in your family. I too have similar symptons as you and have recently been dx with rheumatoid arthritis and now being tested for lupus.I see it was a while ago this was posted so hope you are ok.
wen from englandXXX.

Closed Thread