It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #1

Kristine1976 HB User
Tremors and Lupus?

Does Lupus cause tremors? Anyone here with Lupus have tremors?
One of my dominant symptoms is tremor, postural and intention, and they seem to be spreading. I've been sick with a cold and my symptoms are getting worse.
I am someone who has mostly motor symptoms ie; muscle stiffness/weakness, twitching/spasms, joint pain in hips, TMJ, chills, hot flashes, dizziness, malaise, internal vibration, pins and needles, FATIGUE etc.....
I feel like I have either MS or Lupus but my symptoms don't really fit either one completely.
It will be a while before I can get into to see my doc. again, so I'm going mad here trying to figure out what is wrong with me.
Can someone PLEASE tell me the duration of a flare-up? Does it last days, months? I've been suffering from an "attack" since Jan. 28th and there is no sign of it letting up as new symptoms keep coming and I'm DESPERATE for answers.

~~~ Kristine

Old 04-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #2

eldestpenguin HB User
Re: Tremors and Lupus?

Hey there! I hope I can be of some help to you. I have something, but I don't know what it is. I think they are comfy calling it a neuromuscular disease for the here and now. I am going to try and make a long story short. I have about a ten year history. Everything came and went in the beginning. I would seek help when I felt bad, they would blame it on stress or something, I would get to feeling better and back off. I started progressively seeking help about three years ago. I am in a county system and my level of care for the most part stinks. For example, I had an MRI two years ago that came back "clear and normal." A few weeks ago, I obtained the record in my own hands. My clear and normal MRI makes reference to my tonsils. This would be fine if I had any. Anyway, the point here is that I know how it is driving yourself mad trying to make sense of it all. I have also spent way too much time researching diseases and conditions, especially ones of a neurological nature. As for a tremor....yes, Lupus can cause a tremor. I do not know how common it is. MS can cause a tremor. This is very common. A tremor can also be a neurosis all by itself. There are lots of other diseases and conditions that can cause a tremor also. How long does a flare last? This is not a question that anybody can really give you an answer to that would indicate anything. While there may be a typical time length for a flare or exacerbation, there are variations. Also, there are times when a disease or condition progresses and it is not something that really passes. I had an exacerbation or flare of some sort once that started one week after Thanksgiving. My lungs were infiltrated, I was coughing up something that looked like white cotton candy, I could not speak, and I could not walk. My voice did not even try to return until around Christmas, and there wasn't much sound then. I couldn't walk until mid-January. My real voice did not return until March. That cough stuck with me for so long that I don't even remember when it left for good. Every once in a while I still lose my voice; this is not a hoarseness, it's an inability to produce sound. It doesn't last long anymore, but it just sneaks up to remind me of its presence. I am not trying to dishearten you, it is just that the duration of your current flare can't pinpoint or rule out anything. I understand where there may be many reasons that you can't get to your doctor soon. However, you really need to get to one as soon as possible, and really press for tests. That is the only way you are going to get certain answers, and you are going to keep going mad until then. I am 100% insane now. I feel for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon, and I hope you get some answers sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

barchin HB User

you sound alot like myself. If you get any answers to your questions please let me know. Please see my post. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

If you're having tremors, you need to see a physician and get some testing as to their cause. There is medication that does seem to help appease them.

Lupus can cause tremors but so can many other conditions: ms, hashimoto's encephalopathy (rare neuroendocrine-thyroid- disorder that requires urgent care as it can cause dementia, coma, and/or death), and more.

Closed Thread