It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 12:20 PM   #1

SandyGirl HB User
Unhappy 8mm spot on lung

hello,
i am going to post this on 3 boards (Lupus, Immune disorders & lung/respitory) as i am in desparate need of help... it is pretty difficult to find people with my problems as these immune things are wacky as it is!
Some of you may have read some of my posts here or on other boards, but i am going to give a basic background anyway.
It all started 5 months ago (but have had minor symptoms way prior) it started with tingling in my hands & feet, then pain in my hands, feet, elbows, knees & hips. My hands are swollen apon waking every morning. My eyes burn like someone set my eye lids on fire (worse at night??) I bruise terribly & easily. when my hands are cold or stressed (from holding something with a firm grip) my finger tips get all wrinkled AND I MEAN WRINKLED like an old lady (maybe Reynauds???) my hands & feet are chronically cold. I have acid reflux really bad, and pain in my throat (not sore throat pain, pain on the sides??? hard to explain) and now the most & scary things:
I have an unusally fast heart beat (average is 100bpm) sometimes more, sometimes less.
I am out of breath just walking across the room
I saw a pulmonary dr & was diaganosed with asthma, but i know it is more than that because even with the inhailers i still have chest pain (constant) & i still get winded.
i had an angiogram which showed an 8mm sized spot on my right lung
the dr who did the angiogram was really not suppose to tell me anything, but he did because i kept asking if everything was ok.... he said that he would send the report to my dr but that i would definately have to follow up with this in at least 3 months to see if it changes? my dr is getting the report tomorrow. (COULD THIS BE FROM AN AUTO IMMUNE DISORDER, LIKE PULMONARY HYPERTENSION?)
i know i have an autoimmune something swarming around my little body, but my blood work is not proving it (negative ANA) the only test that is positive so far is my rheumatoid factor, and the dr says its "weakly positive" 1-14 is normal, and mine has been 19-24.
my scalp has been very irritated with these red blood blisters (thats what they look like) and my hair has been falling out by the handfuls. So in a nut shell:
pins & needles/numbness
acid refulx
fast heart beat
8mm spot on lung
terrible chest pain
scalp irritation / hair falling out
reynauds???
hands swollen & painful
burning eyes
irregular periods/missed/short duration
joint pain
terrible weakness
sooooo tired
What could be wrong with me??? Please anybody help me.

thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread