It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

marys1358 HB User
Question bone erosion

Hi Everyone,
Went to the hospital had an ultrasound on my feet because my Dr. thought I had morton's neuroma but I don't I have bone erosion in my feet.I'm not sure what happens next so thats why I'm here has anyone ever heard this and what do they do.Do you know of a good website to go to.
Please I hope someone can HELP.
Thanks so much Mary

Old 05-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: bone erosion

Dear Mary,

Do you know if this erosion is part & parcel of an overal tendency to osteoporosis? Have you ever had a bone density test?

I haven't looked into bone erosion specific to the feet, but you might try podiatry websites. One of my neighbors is a podiatrist. I'll ask her what common causes might be & let you know if she can provide some better browsing clues.

Take care! Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
(female)

marys1358 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJ
Dear Mary,

Do you know if this erosion is part & parcel of an overal tendency to osteoporosis? Have you ever had a bone density test?

I haven't looked into bone erosion specific to the feet, but you might try podiatry websites. One of my neighbors is a podiatrist. I'll ask her what common causes might be & let you know if she can provide some better browsing clues.

Take care! Vee

Vee thanks for responding.I did see a podiatrist and he said the erosion in my feet are from the lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.He said the flow of blood in my veins are not releasing the blood fast enough and that is causing the swollen.But if you get info. from your neighboor would love to hear from you.
Thanks again Mary

Old 07-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Mary,

I asked my neighbor weeks ago & forgot to post what she said. (I have been having a bad spell of "nincompoop-ism", alas. )

Anyway, she (podiatrist) believes that osteoporosis in the feet is pretty much caused by the same things that cause it elsewhere. She mentioned inflammatory diseases like lupus & RA, right off the bat.

I think the other risks she mentioned were the ones we read about all the time, i.e., smoking, alcohol, genetic tendency, prolonged steroid use, age, Caucausian background, being female, and being post-menopausal.

She says proper shoes are essential for all sorts of reasons. (I snickered only slightly at this, as she does wear high-ish "msart" heels on dress occasions. But I love to tease & we're buddies, so I got away with that.)

Have you discussed the possibility of Fosamax or one of the other bone-builders with your drs? I've been on it for several years---boy, oh boy, was my GP shocked at my first DEXA test, about 7 yrs. back. Not good at all.

Anyway, how are you doing in general? With my best, Vee

Old 09-06-2004, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

marys1358 HB User

Hi Vee,
Sorry it took so long to get back but I forgot about this message board I think I have 4 different boards I go to.Plus with lupus brain just sometimes is a blurr.I've been Dx's with both Lupus,RA,Raynaud's and Vasculitis now for 2 years.The podiatrist is saying I have vasculitis in my feet and now I'm on medical leave since June 13.But just wanted to say thanks agaain,Mary
What was your DEXA test?

Closed Thread